• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Detroit Trutrac 913A589 3.73 and down $225 OBO.

rmoorex

NAXJA Forum User
Detroit Trutrac 913A589 by Eaton Performance Limited Slip Differential for 30 Spline Dana 44 with 3.73 OR numerically lower Gear Ratio. Original price $500+.

Call Eaton to confirm your application.

If you have a Dana 44, 3.73 (or lower) open diff, or clutch pack based limited slip on your Jeep or Ford, this mechanical limited slip carrier is a beautiful thing. Just like the clutch style limited slip, this carrier turns both wheels when you need it. Has no impact on street manners.

But the clutch packs in clutch style limited slip carriers only last 20 - 40 thousand miles (depending on how hard the vehicles is driven). A Truetrac will last the life of the vehicle.

Also, TrueTracs provided immediate lock on slip. Clutch based limited slips take time to "kick-in."

I have re-geared to 4.10, so I can no longer use the carrier. This Truetrac was installed in my XJ in December 18' and has been driven approximately 1,000 - 1,500 miles.

Truetracs are Torsen carriers. The same style of differential carriers that are used in Military Humvees. They work like a clutch based limited slip, but are gear based. Plus, Truetracs do not require expensive synthetic oil nor friction modifier.

Back