• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cruise Control

Jeep839

NAXJA Forum User
so how can i test the cruise control switch on my 90 XJ it is the kind that the switch is in with the blinkers and the windshield washer switch and the wipers. my CC does not work and i would really like it to i checked the fuse and that is fine and the vacum lines from what i can see are ok so how could i check that switch to see if it is good??? or are there any suggestions about what to check?? 1990 auto np242 Laredo has everything but leather

look at the back of the stalk on the column... you should see some small guage wires that are probably kinked or cut from the usage of the windshield washer feature. AutoZone carries a replacement for about $30. This was the case with my '87

is this the spot that you can see if you look behind that switch with out even taking anything apart or not??? and do you have a part number for what you are talking about. thanks

Check your brake lamps. Both bulbs have to be working.
Are there vacuum present at the actuator, pull the hose to check.
You need to get a circuitdiagram of the cruise control. The module is located under the steering wheel, yellow box. All the signals can be checked here at the connector. There is a speed sensor on the speedometer cable. It gives 6 pulses per revolution. There is a switch on the brake pedal. There is also an extra safety valve that let air into the vacuum if anything else fail. This valve is also in a bracket over the brake pedal. This has to be correct seated.

regards
Torfinn

Back