• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

non renix engine in renix xj help?

*Mundane*

NAXJA Forum User
non renix in renix xj

what possible ways can this combination occur

how different is renix vs obd-I?

I searched forums to no avail if this has been answered b4

any help is appreciated

thanks

*Mundane* said:
engine only

couldnt I just take the wires for coil fro renix and wire them to the other coil

is it the only difference

Mike

Engine only? There are two things to watch for:

1) Make sure you don't get a "distributorless" engine
2) The knock sensor will go unused, unless you drill and tap a hole for it (the boss is there, but it's usually unmachined 1991-up.)

Granted, there's a little more than that - but you can readily swap short blocks. If you want to go with the long block + add-ons, it's a bit more involved, since you'll have to adapt the TPS (if you have an auto, you're sunk. The RENIX auto uses a 'two in one' TPS...) and maybe the MAP sensor - the other sensors, I believe, swap readily.

Adapting the TPS has been covered here in depth before, and maybe the MAP as well (it could be as simple as taking the vacuum port for the MAP and extending it to the sensor on the firewall - I'm not sure offhand.)

5-90 said:
Engine only? There are two things to watch for:

1) Make sure you don't get a "distributorless" engine
2) The knock sensor will go unused, unless you drill and tap a hole for it (the boss is there, but it's usually unmachined 1991-up.)

Granted, there's a little more than that - but you can readily swap short blocks. If you want to go with the long block + add-ons, it's a bit more involved, since you'll have to adapt the TPS (if you have an auto, you're sunk. The RENIX auto uses a 'two in one' TPS...) and maybe the MAP sensor - the other sensors, I believe, swap readily.

Adapting the TPS has been covered here in depth before, and maybe the MAP as well (it could be as simple as taking the vacuum port for the MAP and extending it to the sensor on the firewall - I'm not sure offhand.)

kuul thanks that helped ...luckily its a five speed

*Mundane* said:
kuul thanks that helped ...luckily its a five speed

That helps you immensely. Swapping to HO would require a total electrical swap with the auto, while you can get away with rather less using a stick. (Now, if it's not the Peugeot, you're set...)

Back