• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MWC Home brew thread

I have 4 kits here, and one at Matt's, need to find time to get brewing again.

i ended up buying the sierra madre instead of Chinook. i have one kit at home and these three on the way also had to get some yeast for the kit i have at home because i stole it for my last batch. before i brew i also got get a new hose for my wort chiller, I stole one of them for the washer in the old house :D

11889481_948203211869517_2198060873384153466_n.jpg

200+ beers!

Decided to brew today. Had a little help from the dogs.

20151011_162300_zpsnffgiylt.jpg

Brewing on the stove top tonight because it's cold out side and my keg ran dry. It's been a pretty long time since I've done it like thi.

Matt and I still talk about brewing, but that's as far as we get. I still have the same 4 kits here and one at Matt's.

Need to do something with my all-grain setup, not gonna bring it to AZ.

Digging all my gear out to start brewing again.

https://boomchugalug.com/collections/blonde-cream-ale-extract/products/cold-hard-bitch-blonde-ale

Got this kit ordered, though it is coming from Amazon. I ordered it this morning, Amazon doesn't have a very good description but I ordered it anyway. Kinda had some buyers remorse after clicking the place order button. So I went searching to try and find more info on the company selling it, turns out they are a pretty good company. And after reading the recipe I'm pretty excited to brew it. Should be a good summer beer.

Looks good!
I really need to start brewing again now that the house is pretty much done.
Getting sick of paying $20 for a 30 pack of PBR or Coors light, and $10 or more for a sixer of good beer.
It was always a good time brewing with you and/or Matt, miss that.

Brewed that kit today. Good one to start back up with. Only the 60 min hops, 10 minute and dry hops and an easy malt addition. Had a little boil over but not too bad.

20200606_155559.jpg

Damn, I miss brewing. Always some other crap coming up that keeps me from having any time. Did most of our landscaping, that's still an ongoing project. Did the electrical on the house a friend is building, 179 hours so far to get ready for drywall, now trying to clean and fix the camper so we can get rid of it. And shopping for something nicer than a 22 year old jeep for Cindy.

I need to buy a new turkey fryer, make a wort chiller, and order some kits, then I'm sure I'd find some time

I need to find some resources about root and birch beer brewing. At this point, I don't think the docs will ever clear me to drink real stuff again.

Hey Rew, how did the brew turn out?

It turned out ok. Drinkable, a little too hoppy without the malt to back it up. I think it is missing the steeping grains northern brewer used to have. That probably would have boosted the flavor a little bit.

What you talkin' about, nobody's posted in the Important thread today.

I ordered three of the $23 kits, and my favorite Czech pilsner kit, plus some yeast, extra hops and LME.

Ordered a new turkey fryer since I left the old one at my buddy Matt's, and he lent it to his neighbor that started brewing. I need to go through my stuff, see what else I need. I have the stuff to make a new super wort chiller, pretty sure I have most of the other little stuff.

Back