• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2020 Fordyce run September 18th-20th

Alboy97XJ

Sierra Chapter VP
NAXJA Member
Trail requirements will be 35's. Both lockers. Armor. Spare parts.

So plan is meet at the eagle lake road stagimg area off interstate 80. Let's meet at 9am Friday the 18th.
39.331516,-120.572642

From here we will hit the trail and see how far we make it and canp for the night. I would say we can shoot for Committee crossing which is a little over halfway through the trail. The first half we will be going through winch hill 1 and winch hill two. We will have two water crossings we must do. I will keep track of the water levels bit we should be good as they are working on fordyce res damn.

Saturday we will hit the last part of the trail. (Harder) We will go up and camp at meadow lake saturday night.

Sunday head out of the trail.

Awesome, really looking forward to this trip.
So the drive from Meadow Lake to the meet-up/staging area via Hwy 89 and 80 is about 2 hrs...that sound about right? I'm debating if I should park the tow rig at Meadow.

Roughly. I'd park at meadow and drive around. That way you end the weekend at the tow rig. And if you want you can drive tow rig into meadow even. Takes about 45 mins of dirt

Im in

I'd like to go but also like keeping my Jeep relatively dent and scratch free :) anyone like to have a co-pilot who is willing to contribute some gas monies, Trulys and carrying up the winch line?

I made it to right before Winch Hill 0.5 on 33s and a lunchbox with some help in one or two spots over Memorial Day weekend. Blew up the locker, and started working on tons. Fordyce is NO JOKE. MUCH harder than Rubicon and definitely worth bringing spares for.

I didn't get any scratches. Heck, even the JK on 40s I went with didn't get scratches. Coming UP the hill leading to the first water crossing on the way out isn't fun with a blown locker and 33s. It was a 12 hour day from start to finish. I can't wait to go back.

It's been at least 10 years since I ran Fordyce. Back then truck break ins were an issue at the Eagle Lakes Rd staging area. Most people pay park at Cisco Grove. Last time I ran it wer drive to the top of WH 5, turned around and rove back down to the committee crossing and headed back to Cisco Grove via fire roads.

The road from Meadow Lake to Hwy 89 and on to 80 is pretty long and not worth driving if you can avoid it.

My XJ may be back on the road by then. I'm thinking about heading up for this.

It's been at least 10 years since I ran Fordyce. Back then truck break ins were an issue at the Eagle Lakes Rd staging area. Most people pay park at Cisco Grove. Last time I ran it wer drive to the top of WH 5, turned around and rove back down to the committee crossing and headed back to Cisco Grove via fire roads.

The road from Meadow Lake to Hwy 89 and on to 80 is pretty long and not worth driving if you can avoid it.

My XJ may be back on the road by then. I'm thinking about heading up for this.

that would be awesome Bryan. you should come.

There is no more parking at Cisco Grove campground but you can park in the dirt lot below the gas station. Then it is short pavement across the freeway and onto Rattlesnake Road.

How about some old Fordyce pics, from October 2004.

Winch Hill 3, far right line. First pic is from the bottom. I ran it that day on 33's.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

:roflmao:
large.jpg

Bump.
I plan on camping at the staging area at the eagle lakes exit Thursday night. I'm gonna drop off my tow rig at the meadow lake side Thursday afternoon and drive around to the eagle lakes side.

Ive been super busy on the rig since sierra fest. Ill plan to head up early friday

I'll meet up with you guys Friday morning.

Back