• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame stiffener CAD files

dude_bonez

NAXJA Forum User
I work in metal shop and have access to almost any tool or material one could dream of. Hunting for a set of CAD files for frame stiffeners. Thanks!

If you have the ability to use the cad files, you should have the ability to sit down and draw them.

(and that thought you're having of how much work that would be is exactly why no one who makes them will give the file away)

I find it odd that there are 3 first time posts in this thread

If you have the ability to use the cad files, you should have the ability to sit down and draw them.

(and that thought you're having of how much work that would be is exactly why no one who makes them will give the file away)

The latest generation doesn't seem to have much of a grasp of what "intellectual property" means.

OTOH, if they want to develop the files and share them as open source, more power to them. If there is a concerted effort and actual development of such files then it would be appropriate to create a place to store and share them here on NAXJA. Just don't expect much support from folks who depend on such things in order to make a living.

Frame stiffeners are a pretty basic part. Making the part in CAD is the easy part, getting the measurements and dimensions from under a jeep and getting it right is another story. If someone wants to provide me a sketch of the dimensions, I'll happily create a CAD file, all I ask for is a set of the completed frame stiffeners in return :)

Last edited:
Just not sure about the price of these frame stiffeners.

(now I've got 2 posts :doh:)

I definitely can relate being a metal worker myself — sometimes you have to stop just looking at the material cost — I always say I can make it cheaper but is that really true?

If you account for your time then rarely is it cheaper — it’s just custom

What really gets me is the insane cost of shipping — I’m in NJ — everything good seems to be made on the other side of the country

https://www.hdoffroadengineering.co...opy-of-xj-cherokee-rear-frame-stiffeners-pair

Check out this link — the stiffeners are only 10 gauge but reasonably priced in my opinion — do you really need 3/16 stiffeners?

I definitely can relate being a metal worker myself — sometimes you have to stop just looking at the material cost — I always say I can make it cheaper but is that really true?

If you account for your time then rarely is it cheaper — it’s just custom

What really gets me is the insane cost of shipping — I’m in NJ — everything good seems to be made on the other side of the country

https://www.hdoffroadengineering.co...opy-of-xj-cherokee-rear-frame-stiffeners-pair

Check out this link — the stiffeners are only 10 gauge but reasonably priced in my opinion — do you really need 3/16 stiffeners?

I'm the same way about looking at something and saying I can make that cheaper. Then by the time I'm done I could have saved 2 days worth of work and been out on the trail instead.
As far as needing 10g or 3/16? :dunno: I would imagine that the stiffeners will tear away from the welds no matter which one you go with before either would bend.

$330 shipped isn't too bad of a price from total front to back coverage either and I've actually read a couple of reviews on these where people liked them.

I have run a set of them for several years and I'm happy. Immediately noticeable was less flex and noises from the dash.
I went with the 10-gauge stiffeners due to concerns on how heavy my 'lightweight' Cherokee was getting.
$330 for full set isn't that expensive considering how much work it would be to duplicate plus the cost of the material. The development has already been done, why reinvent the wheel?
None of the small shops making XJ parts are getting rich, it's expensive to run a business.

HD Offroad is a NAXJA sponsor.

Last edited:
i work in a scrap yard, i get 10 GA steel for free. i also have a plasma cutter, i bought the HD stiffners, even at 0 material cost i couldn't beat their price

Back