• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truetrack ?

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
I just had warn cromoly shafts, warn lock out hubs and a Detroit Truetrack instaled in my LPD30. Are all Truetracks the same ?

I just had warn cromoly shafts, warn lock out hubs and a Detroit Truetrack instaled in my LPD30. Are all Truetracks the same ?
The same as in design?Or application? A LP D30 would be the same as a HP D30!

Do they make different Truetracks such as one that engages faster and one that does not engage fast ect.

The TrueTracs only have one design per diff, so they should engage identically (or close enough to be identical to human perceptions).

Truetracs have bias ratios (not gear ratio--that's different) ranging from about 2:1 to about 3.5:1. I don't know, however, if more than one ratio is offered for a particular axle.

Thanks for the help. The website only list two one for 3.73 and higher and the other for 3.53 and lower.

The 3.73+ and 3.53- numbers relate to the gear ratios they work with, doesn't relate to the bias ratios that Timber mentioned.

At any rate, they are gear/torque operated. So, if you want them to engage as gently as possible, just be as easy on the gas as you can. :) The more torque they get, the harder they lock. Really though, they are probably the most gentle locker available because they are really just very strong limited slips. But, because they use worm gears instead of the clutch discs, they hold under much more torque and will not wear out like a normal clutch-based limited slip.

"lock up" will be related to diff fluid as well.
Do a search on username "handlebars" and words "true trac"... lots of info.

yes, it's a gear-based LSD. they use worm gears instead of clutches to apply friction to lock the two shafts together. so while it's a lot stronger than a normal LSD, it will let the tires spin (but, if you apply a little brake, it'll keep them locked).

Back