• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's up for Adopt A Trail on Sunday and/or Monday after SCF?

What day/s, what AAT Trail/s?

• 2N04, east of BB, on Monday 5/4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2N49, Silverwood down to I-215, on Monday 5/4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Depending on enthusiasm and turnout, we hope to do a run on both of our Adopt-A-Trails (2N04 and 2N49) on the last day of SoCalFest the weekend of May 1-3...

2N04 is great for folks staying over Sunday night, those leaving a camping or hauling trailer at the Discovery Center for the day Sunday, and those going home down Hwy 38 east of Big Bear, as it is closest to the southeast corner of the Lake and loops from 38 back to 38.

2N49 is great for folks who want to go home via a western route; it starts near Silverwood Lake, at Cleghorn Rd & Highway 138 and drops you off at I-215 and Palm Avenue in San Bernardino, just south of where 15 & 215 rejoin, near Glen Helen Raceway. It's not really a practical trail for those planning on being back in Big Bear on Sunday night.

I am likely to run 2N04 Sunday, camp Sunday night, and go home via 2N49 on Monday, but if there are no takers for 2N04 on Sunday, I may just do 2N49 Sunday and not stay over Sunday night.

Back