• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio And Fog Lights Cut Out

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
On my way home today, my headunit and fog lights (fogs wired to switched power) cut out without notice, and within 5 seconds, they came back on. The stereo did not reset it self, its as if i turned it off then back on. The blower motor, wipers, overhead console, blinkers stayed on, just radio and fogs cut out.

I have a brand new ignition switch as of last month, and my battery gauge was on 14 when this happened.

Any ideas?

Check for power to the bulbs at the socket. Also check your grounds. When they go out, try turning the switch off-on again and see if they come back.

I turned the switch off and on, and they didnt come on. I left the switch on and 5 seconds later they came back on themselves, along with the radio, at the same time

Does it do this when your high beams oare on? How often do they blink out?

Only once today. Its the first time its ever done it. I didnt have my headlights on at the time. Just my parking lights, fog lights, cd plater and heater.

Well, i went out there again, and it is flaky with the key, radio cuts in and out, along with other accessories now. So apparently I have to change my one month old ignition switch AGAIN.

Anyone want to recommend a reliable brand, besides auto zone garbage?

Since i can make the accessories come on and go off by wiggling the key in the ON position, my one month old ignition switch is bad.

just wondering why it would go bad other than it was just a bad part, thats all.

i have never replaced one, is there an adjustment that needs to be made?

Back