• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$200 beater XJ

olivedrabcj7

NAXJA Member #1384
ok so ive found me a 92 xj i can buy for 200 bucks. owner says it ran fine when parked about a year and a half ago. body is a little beat up (caved in windshield, good sized dents etc), interior is okay with the exception of the shifter console looks like somebody went at it with a mini sledge. assuming i can get it running and driveable, should i try and part it out, keep it for parts, or cut the fenders way out, toss on some 33's and beat the hayell out of it? any suggestions?

33's and beat the hell out of it. for 200 bucks, thats what i would do/have done before. Enjoy it. if you can't get it running, part it.

cheap coils, used shocks, home built springs, and you will be killing alot of tjs and other "hard core" rigs in clubs. i ran my jeep the first time and had a blast till i ran out of rear drive shafts and broke my upper control arms

if i dont chop the top then the "frame" probably wont fold in the middle........im getting lots of mental pictures. LOL

get it, at least play with it for a little while and once you've had your fun part it out or just outright sell it

Well, if you decide to part it out in the end, wheel it for a while, then chop the top, wheel it some more, then part it out.

shizza-my-nizza said:
Jump it :flame:

Yep put on your seatbelt and get the thing airborn. destroying a jeep in such a way is well worth 200$

well if all goes as planned, ill be going this weekend to pick her up. stay tuned for carnage pics and....later.....a parts jeep for sale :)

I just did the same thing, I bought an XJ for 300 bucks to use on the trails. I figure a 3-5" ;lift and 35's till I break the d35 and then swapping in a d44. I am definitely going to have more tied into the XJ drivetrain then the whole rig but it shure beats tearin up a 17K TJ.

What I wanna know is, where are you guys finding these things? I've been looking for a beater XJ for a 4WD swap to my 2WD '95... no dice. I asked here, and had a couple replies (thanks gents), but a whole vehicle for such a screamin deal would be choice.
Dang, everyone else gets all the luck... :D

gimme a few weeks and i may know where you can find one for $300 ;)

I know where there are 2 for $300 for both. One has a blown motor and the other a burned up clutch. These both have the 2.8's in them. I have been tryin to convince the wife I need them but no budge from her. Plus I get orders this year and will have to move. If you were closer I could hook you up.

I'm picking up an 86 w/2.5L. It's a woodie Limited Wagoneer w/4 head lights. Leather, skids n' hooks. 200k miles. $100. Runs and drives.
You don't find them. They find you.

Back