• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector Swap Question

bdenglund

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
Im new here and I swear I have used the search feature only to be more confused. I am looking to swap my stock injectors with 4 hole injectors. I have read allot of info about Neon injectors, Ford injectors, and Precision injectors. I am just now confused on which ones to get and where to buy them. I would like get some that have been tested and rebuilt. I would go to the salvage yard and pull some 703's but i dont know how to rebuild them myself or where to find a rebuild kit. So i figure ill save myself a headache. I am fairly mechanically inclined so if this is an easy task(rebuilding) please let me know. If not where would yall get some and which ones would you get? Thanks for your time.

Benglund
1991 xj Laredo
4.0, auto

Precision Auto tests theirs. I've used them and they work well.

Then when I got my stroker I stepped up to Ford Mustang 24lb injectors and they work well.

You'll be fine with either.

I looked at precision but from what I found they didn't have any 4 hole injectors for my year. And also I forgot to mention, money IS an object. So I'm trying not to go overboard.

Just making sure because i read somewhere else that with a 1991 model you had to get a different fuel pressure regulator because the pressure to the injectors would be wrong.

You can fine tune your fuel with an adjustable FPR, but not necessary.

Back