• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mohawk Madness Memorial Day Weekend

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
thats right kiddies!!!! its time to start planning for our assault on the northwest Ma and southwest Vt area..... i have a group site reserved at Mt Greylock for friday thru sunday night that is for "up to" 25 people.. how many tents that translates into is anyones guess.. we are planning for 3 runs each day on saturday and sunday... easy, moderate, and hardcore... all levels of rig and ability are welcome. runs friday night and monday will be dictated by attendance.. might be a good idea to reserve a site if you plan to camp. this looks to be a good weekend with participation from 1 other club as well... the group site is called "pine tree"
see you all there!!!!

mike

reservations are not taken by the individual park.. use this link..
http://www.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/usa/ma/mgry/newindex.html

Last edited:
count me in but I gotta talk to the parents... and it's around a week after I finish school so it's a 30-70 chance that i'll be able to go vs not being able to.

jeep's stock: 1994 country. Just for the tally of stock/modded.

I work Saterdays, and that Sunday I will be at Fenway sitting somewhere in right field watching the RedSox beat up on Seatle. Soooo needless to say I more than likely will not make it to Mohawk. So make sure you all take tons of pics.

I can't commit yet. I hope to be there for at least part of the weekend, but a lot depends on when my wife will be flying in. Should be sometime in May but things are uncertain at this point.

Eagle said:
I can't commit yet. I hope to be there for at least part of the weekend, but a lot depends on when my wife will be flying in. Should be sometime in May but things are uncertain at this point.

oh just get a nice quiet secluded site off in the bushes.. we'll leave you alone

mike

I know it! I was thinking that It always looks like I blow off all these events, and I will agree there have been way tooo many times when you have all gone wheeling and I have been unavailable, but I mean going to school and trying to keep my little comapany going there isnt a whole lot of time, especially since it is SOX season, but just to keep the record striaght I really don't plan it like that, it actually sucks, I had a blast during the R.I trail cleanup and did some wheeling on the way out, even kind of destroyed my tierod, so my wheels face each other now, and really gave the rock rails a working. But hey its only april, and you havent come out this way yet, but either way, we will wheel again sometime if not several times this summer. Just rest assured that the locusts havent attacked me yet

bump again... i did some scouting up there on saturday. the Mt Greylock reservation does not open for traffic until may 14th so i didnt get a chance to check out the group site. i ran a few of the roads and found a few trees in need of a chainsaw, and it appears that one of the scenic overlooks over the valley is frequented by local drunks/trash burners... its littered with trash, bottles and an old trailer that was burned.. there was even a 100' pine tree cut down with an axe so the drunks have a place to sit... i hope we get more NAXJA interest in this event.. no need to be a member.. nor have an XJ actually.. just an interest in getting together with some other Jeepers and enjoy our great outdoors while we still can.... i am trying to plan the trails and need to know if anyone is showing with a STOCK XJ.. i have a trail in mind that is fine for a stock Wrangler but a bit much for a stock XJ that you CARE ABOUT... if you want to run a stock rig that is perfectly fine.. just polling the crowd to see whats coming.... also if anyone is showing with a trailer i need to know ahaed of time to make sure you have a place to park OFF THE MOUNTAIN.... come on out and hang with us!!!

mike

I'll be there. I canceled my usual Memorial day reservations to make this run.
Just gotta get moving on the XJ if it's going to be ready for that weekend.
So far it looks like Saturday and Sunday for me. Hammertoe is planning on going too, I'll contact him to remind him.

Definitely will be there either sat or sunday for the day with my nonstock rig and a pair of antennas :jester:

Id' say there's a decent chance I'd show up for at least a day. Of course, I'm slightly busy in the midst of wedding plans right now, so all could change.... Possibly my last run as stock!

-mike

So.. the last weekend in May?? Very interesting... :viking: We might be able to make the trip down to Southern VT. IS there any more info about the trip or trails available??

im a strong maybe...im planning a trip to moab the first or second week in june if i can get the heep in shape. id like to make this one too to meet some of the MA jeepers

97 blue xj 4.5"/32's goin to 6"LA/33's on the street:spin1:

I'll be there........Hmmmm Cj Xj Cj Xj Cj Xj......We'll see, have both, will travel,
I'll be the guy hangin with 93xjMark..........IN!!!!!!!
Can sites be reserved as a "GROUP".....to lite on time to look! Any close by
camp grounds??? I just assume crash in the Jeep!!!! Otherwise, I have a 36'
motor home available!!! Got potty hook-up??? :jester:

Back