• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Geometry

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
Now with my 6"s of lift im wondering about bump steer issues. Is it necessary to install a drop pitman arm or to do some sort of a conversion? I'm on a very strict budget 60$ on a drop arm is ok but 300$ for a full conversion i cant do. I have 2 friends with 6" lifts and they have nothing done to fix the geometry and no complaints from them but then again im pretty sure they dont even know what bump steer is.

Im running 6" with stock steering(other than needing to lengthen the drag link collar).My angles are still perfect,a drop pitman arm would throw them off.8 years now and it still drives better than stock.Leaving tomorrow for Ouray,CO. for a week of wheeling! YEAHHH!!!!!

The 3/4" you gain won't matter much. With a stock track bar mount, the height of the frame joint of the track bar and the height of the joint at the pitman arm actually line up better with the slightly dropped pitman arm, but it's not enough to matter. Probably the best thing it will give you is a little more room to not bottom out the drag link joints when the suspension droops.

Back