• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OTK, steering arc geometry

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
everyone says that the DL and TB need to be parallel in two aspects: 1. at the same angles. 2. parallel, close to same length

so basically that means parallel like this: // right? and also i need to raise the TB axle mount right?

i've been doing a search on pirate, here, JU, and other forums, and it seems that some people don't relocate their TB axle mount, and claim no bumpsteer. after working out some angles, using solid works, and all this other computer aided junk, i found that as long as the TB and DL are on the same arc pattern regardless of length, then i won't experience bumpsteer or theoretically i shouldn't... does this make sense? has anyone done any mathematics on this stuff?

brandon
i'm a nerd!

Those who say they don't experience bumbsteer are either deluded, afraid to admit the truth, or aren't sensitive enough to their rigs driving characteristics to know the difference.

Don't become one of them.......just raise the track bar axle mount. :twak:

:D :D

This isn't an exact science, getting it close is good enough. The bumbsteer comes from the axle moving sideways because of the angle on the track bar, when the arc of the drag link doesn't follow the same side to side motion. If you're comparing arcs of movement of different combinations, just compare the side to side movement of the different arcs against a given vertical (up and down) distance. Get it as close as you can, but don't worry about it. Experience shows that getting them parrallel is good enough, with the lengths being whatever fits.

Back