• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New affordable tire options

Dirt commander 285 70 17
ba9f4d99b5972773f02dbf0b224bcbcd.jpg
a7ca892e5b918a5d193d1cc378fd7560.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Running General Grabber AT2 on my stock 98 and Toyo Open Country MTs on my lifted 01. I like the Grabbers but I don't think I will be running the Open Country MTs again. I think I'm going to try the Milestar Patagonia MTs next.

After debating a bunch, I almost bought the milestar patagonias.

What I did buy wasn't a regular "affordable" option, but a cheaper name brand. Dick Cepek trail country exps. 4wheel parts had a one day sale thing going on and I got that set of tires for less than $600 for all 4 and their no questions asked warranty, plus mount and balance was cheaper than everyone else by about 25%. Sounding like a sales guy here, but it honestly was a decent deal and once I learned Cooper owns Dick Cepek now, and it has a tread life warranty, I was sold. My Jeepster is up next for tires, so may go cheaper on those since it rarely moves and I want a more vintage looking tire.

600 is sweet deal.

As far as name brand I don't know anymore. To much brand stamping in the rubber world. I'd assume dick cepeck doesnt make tires. But you know what assuming gets us.

The mileage warranty is also a sweet deal that you got.
Wheres the pics?

From Cooper's website:
In addition to the Cooper® brand, the Cooper global family of companies also designs and manufactures tires under these brands: Mastercraft, Dean, Starfire, Roadmaster, Avon Tyres, Mickey Thompson and Dick Cepek.

Last edited:
Sweet.
Not entirely sure what global means but that's alot of names under one roof. I'm not surprised it is a global operation.

Kidding lol.

600 is a sweet deal

You get what you pay for, the manufacturer and the mold may be the same, but the rubber compound isn't!

True. The tires I got look similar to toyo mt but suposebly a harder compound.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I dig the Patagonia mile stars... good tread design fair price and lifetime warranty from discount is hard to beat. 35x12.5 flavor and the tread pattern is similar to the Goodyear Mtr/ and more aggressive side tread then the BFG mts i replaced

Back