• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rides of March 2018

Was a good time! Thanks for coming out guys. Ill do a photo dump after work today.

what a weekend! not one I'll soon forget. Crank sensor, water pump and alternator. got it all fixed (except alt on Sunday) and drove it on the trailer Sunday morning.

great meeting you all! Thoroughly enjoyed it, although I could've done without as many trips to Auto Zone (where they'll rob you blind) or to O'Reilly's (where the fun red head behind the counter wanted to talk about water pumps for WAY too long - thought about telling her to come help put one on after her shift). I've never had as many issues in one trip, but everyone jumped in helped however they could. Didn't hurt that I brought a pit crew with me. Thank you guys!!

I'm already looking at tool boxes for the front of my trailer where I'll store backups of every sensor and a code reader! Should I keep an extra water pump on hand?? :looney:

Loose Rock was a helluva trail! Met up with some guys who knew the place well and was going to show us a few of their favorites Sunday morning, depending on how we did on Loose Rock. We kicked Loose Rock's ass but didn't get a chance to hit the others (alternator issues that started on Saturday). Already planning a trip back for redemption. Gotta hit Bronco Buster and Carnage Canyon along with a few others.

John: thanks for loaning your tools, battery on LR and jumper cables back at camp. Let me know if something didn't get back in your toolbag, we had 2 sets of tools strung out everywhere. Your rig kicked ass on LR. was fun riding up the last half with you.
Roger: thanks for the code reader and answering random questions during water pump install. the 30 minute RTV cure seems to have worked well. Happy birthday!! we should've put a candle on a miller lite for you! slipped my mind as I was reading FSM diagrams.
Will: great meeting you and thanks for hanging out. and thank you for the DC shaft and FSM!
Juan: thanks for picking up the HEET fuel treatment.
Ed: great meeting you, thanks for taking pics, look forward to seeing them.

Great group of guys and great park. I'll reach out to you guys next time I head down to HF.

Last edited:
Glad to hear everyone made it home safe.

That run up loose rock was fun! It has me seriously reconsidering what else I need to upgrade from here.

Glad to hear everyone made it home safe.

That run up loose rock was fun! It has me seriously reconsidering what else I need to upgrade from here.

well you killed the trail, so I'm wondering what's made the short list of potential upgrades?

well you killed the trail, so I'm wondering what's made the short list of potential upgrades?

Slightly taller tires- no wider
Replacing the saggy rear leafs
Black magic brakes
Suspension seat (with heater) for the ride home

doing seats in mine soon, already have the harnesses.
think more tire is a good move for you.

Your rig works well, looking forward to seeing what you do with it next!

but it can't touch this one for sure

qQlXBNK.jpg

welp, i guess my post editing went away with red letters

Thanks ed for using a lens for studying the moons surface on me

Back