• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who and what is going to break first?

Lots of carnage today. I've seen twisted tie rods, broken shocks, busted leaf bolts, broken control arms, and spilled beer. I made it out without a scratch. You?

Teaser

IMG_20130427_135843_523_zps6b19eba5.jpg

I'm actually more interested in how Garretts Monster held up, especially after seeing it this morning for the first time. It looks like he brought the wildest ride to socal fest. Glad to see you guys had fun.

I'm actually more interested in how Garretts Monster held up, especially after seeing it this morning for the first time. It looks like he brought the wildest ride to socal fest. Glad to see you guys had fun.

Garrett's rig was fine. Nelson sheared both control arms.

Garretts rig was not fine........

It is incredibly bad ass like nothing I have ever seen.

I may purposely flop so he can build me the same thing.

The perfect family rig.

On the way home I hit a gas station big steel and concrete gas pump island protector with my trailer tire and tore the leaf spring partly off the trailer! I had to take the tires off that axle and drive it home on one axle.. Tired from staying up too late I think. Jeep survived without a scratch.

Broke one of my spring shackle hangers about 1/2 mile before we got back to pavement. Battery weld back at camp (thanks to everybody who helped), got me just past Barstow and it cracked again. Garage there in Baker was real helpful and got it welded right up again.

Broke one of my spring shackle hangers about 1/2 mile before we got back to pavement. Battery weld back at camp (thanks to everybody who helped), got me just past Barstow and it cracked again. Garage there in Baker was real helpful and got it welded right up again.

Wow, really? Damn.

I drove Gomer back to SoCal with no issues, though the steering seemed a little looser than in the past. Turns out I have a joint/high steer arm connection with some slop in it. Nothing earth shattering, and relatively easy to repair.

My new Warn PowerPlant winch sure made a lot of new friends! Turns out it can air up 3-4 Jeeps non-stop before it thermals.

David Bricker / SYR - TUS

Back