• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holcomb Creek! MyJeepRocks needs help Thursday and Friday!

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Thursday May 26 and Friday May 27

Here is the info:

Earlier this week, David Kotlarski told me that he was getting some tree fellers to help cut trees on 3N93, and that he would appreciate it if we could provide transportation to the tree cutting area. I thought that two or three Jeeps would do the job. I just fell off my chair when I got this e-mail from David Kotlarski who has organized over a dozen tree fellers to work on 3N93 tomorrow and Friday. We need to help them out by providing transportation for the crews and for their equipment because their Forest Service trucks cannot make it down this black diamond trail to the cutting area (which is now about 2 1/2 miles in from the trailhead).

Please reply to this message if you can help out on either day, and how many passengers you can take. We will meet at the Big Bear Ranger Station at 8:30 am.

I know it's total last minute but if you can do it shuttling these boys in goes a long way toward getting 3N93 opened back up. Post up if you're committed to help one or both days and I will relay the information on.

I can make it up for friday, and I can take at least one up front and two more in the back seat if there not big guys (6 foot or less and 200lbs or less)

If you're committed I'll put you down for them. They want to meet at the Big Bear Ranger Station at 0830, sound good?

I can make it, anything special needed? I assume I can park my truck and trailer there.

I'm sure youc an park in either the RS or DC parking. You should be fine, just take your Jeep, your tires, your lockers, and your PPE (Gloves, hard hat, glasses, condoms) and you should be good to go.

Ok, is ranger station the same as the discovery center or is that two different places?

The Ranger station is about one quarter mile East of the Disco Center on North Shore Drive.

Two different places.

Ranger station is approximately 1/4 mile east of the DD. Park your tow rig at the DD.

Mandatory PPE is hard hat, long pants and long-sleeve shirt. I would also bring work gloves.

Plan to be out there all day have lunch and water.

Friday was cancelled due to not enough cutters ready.

"Only 3 Hotshot crewmembers are available on Friday, so this Friday's work party is cancelled. It is tentatively rescheduled for Thursday, June 2. We should have confirmation on Tuesday.

Please notify Thomas from NAXJA and Mike from IE4W "

Back