• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bead Locks

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
Thought I'd share. Not sure why but Hey!

I finally finished welding the inner rings in. It took me a while to get the rim in the tire. Then I had to bolt the outer ring on to put some air in them to seat the rear bead. Thats why the outer rings aren't painted and there is only 8 bolts in each one. I've gotta get shorter bolts tomorrow. Those turned out to be a lil too long.

I think I'm gunna paint the outer rings pink. :)

Should I put washers under the bolts? They're 5/16 bolts.

P1080961.jpg

P1180993.jpg

P1180992.jpg

Last edited:
Well The holes are just the right size to not use washers but my main reason for wanting to use washers was to put them on the outside so I don't scratch the paint when I thighten them down...because the paint isn't gunna get scratched when I bash them into a rock anyways, right? lol

uncc civilengineer said:
semi locs = street locks? If so then yeah I would most definetly put the washer on the real thing since the fake ones have it...

sorry mr 4x4 we all cant have the best, to meet you standards!! I want the real thing someday when I am as cool as you!

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
sorry mr 4x4 we all cant have the best avaible to meet you standards!!i want the real thing someday when I am as cool as you!

Funny stuff... I was just messing w/ you..:kissyou: people get all butt hurt so fast now days.... I mean come on now, were you really seriously recommending them since the street locks have them?

no he wont need them but I think they look better with a flat washer if that's something that matter's the looks. And the bolt head wont dig into the plate if that also matters.

Last edited:
Back