• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bead locks?

I think there's only ONE company that makes a DOT approved beadlock. I can't remember the name of the company but it's the same people that make the OR HUMVEE beadlocks and they're SPENDY. Beadlocks are one of thos "grey areas" where they're not ILLEGAL, just not DOT approved. If you're not running flares, mudflaps, driving insane, etc. you're gonna get pulled over anyway and it's one more thing for the cops to hassle you over. I plan on buying TrailReady beadlocks as the budget allows and have no second thoughts about running them on the street.

John

shimmy said:
most likely you won't get pulled over

No flares, no flaps, no front plate will get more attention than wheels. Like John said, the beadlocks are in a gray area. I've many friends who use them and have been pulled over with no mention of the wheels. Drive responsibly and have proper equipment in place and you should be fine. Don't attract undue attention to yourself. ;)

Eaton are about the cheapest next to the do it yourself ones. Haven't had experience with them personally. I've been running MRT's for a while now with good luck even on the highway.

Back