• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 XJ Seats

Very Good Girl

NAXJA Forum User
My 98 XJ was stolen and I recovered it. I did not know the guy and turns out he was watching my place for a while. Anyways, after getting it back, and the upgrades he did to it, the seats are trashed. I have been siting on foam for a year now. I was thinking about putting 2018 Ford F150 seats in it. They are vented, heated and have massagers. You ask why? I say why not. Anyways, Id at least like to have vented and heated seats. Both front seats need to be replaced due to his meth, burglary binge in my XJ. Looks like I might have more time on my hands with the sickness going around and wanted to see maybe someone put newer Jeep seats in using the same brackets. I do not want WJ seats, we did that in my last jeep and I wasn't too pleased. Any help that would be great. Thanks yall.

Interesting idea for sure. I'd do a ton of measuring before dropping the coin on the Ford seats. Being from a full-size pickup, they may be too wide.

If you want vent and heat a friend of mine just put Lexus IS seats in his FJ40. They should be significantly narrower compared to the F150 seats, and part of why he chose them is they're flat bottom so shouldn't be too hard to adapt.

Go to a Junkyard and or check craigslist for a part out on a late model WJ. Easy swap and you'd at least have heated leather seats if you got the right model. Swapping is a 30 minute affair then you just need some hot wires for your power adjust and heated portions of the seat.

If you do go though with your Ford seat swap be sure to post up I'd be interested in what you are able to do with them.

Both Ford and Grand Cherokee seats 2017 and newer are going for a pretty penny. Id rather have all I can get if Im dropping 400+ per seat. I have put 2 motors in myself and also put ZJ seats in my other XJ. That was a boring swap. I use my XJ as a daily for now so Id like to be comfortable while I am driving. I know I will probably look like a pavement princess while out on the trail, but at least I can have a back massager during those stressful trail rides.

Not sure if you can swing them, but I've had the MasterCraft Baja RS seats in my 2001 XJ for several years. They're very comfy and they still look brand new ... and I DD my XJ year round. Something else to consider...

I’m also considering Durango seats. 2014 and newer. Any ideas where I can find leather heated and vented seats? I can use the brackets, at least I believe.

Back