• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front End Shop Recommendation - SAC area?

jshwank

NAXJA Forum User
Can any recommend someone or a shop in the SAC area that is good with front ends and lifted vehicles? I've got a '98 XJ with about 8" of lift, 35's, 3-link, high steer, high clearance control arm mounts, etc. and just recently developed some really bad bump steer/death wobble, especially at about 50+ mph. Unfortunately, where I now live I can't work on my vehicles and have been working 60 hr weeks at work, so troubleshooting myself is kinda out right now. But I do need to get this fixed pretty soon.

So unfortunately, dare I say, I think I'm going to have to break down and take it somewhere to get looked at. If anyone could post up some good shops or people to talk to I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jeremy

jshwank said:
Can any recommend someone or a shop in the SAC area that is good with front ends and lifted vehicles? I've got a '98 XJ with about 8" of lift, 35's, 3-link, high steer, high clearance control arm mounts, etc. and just recently developed some really bad bump steer/death wobble, especially at about 50+ mph. Unfortunately, where I now live I can't work on my vehicles and have been working 60 hr weeks at work, so troubleshooting myself is kinda out right now. But I do need to get this fixed pretty soon.

So unfortunately, dare I say, I think I'm going to have to break down and take it somewhere to get looked at. If anyone could post up some good shops or people to talk to I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jeremy

I doubt you will find a regular front end shop to help you out. Try your local 4wd shops first. I would suggest tracking it down yourself at a friends house. Maybe someone from NAXJA in your area can help you out with a place to look at it. I know you don't have much free time, but your best bet is to do it yourself.

How close to sac?

WFO Concepts in Auburn would be worth a call...

if you need some help, and are close to Davis, I'd be willing to take a drive with you to identify the problem, and if it's a short fix, willing to lend my tools and street in front of my house....for a beer or two, of course ;)

Try extreme gear in orangevale. They are pricy but good.

hell i'll take a look at it at my shop... Arden Motoring... i do all the front end work at the shop....916-568-5371 ask for James or Draven

Back