• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Road Adoption! Run 3/17

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
We have the opportunity to adopt another Forest Service road.

2N49-Monument Peak is available for adoption. The road starts at the end of Palm Avenue and ends at Silverwood Lake and is about 15 miles long. It is an easy to low moderate road.

I M setting up a run on March 17 anyone care to join me?

Re: New Road Adoption!

What does this mean for us?

If the SoCal chapter adopts this road it means getting out there a few times a year to clean up trash, trim brush, clear drains, remove downed trees across the road etc.

It really is the local OHV clubs and groups that keep a lot of the Forest Roads open to the public.

Come on the run and learn what its all about.

Plus it means we're awesome. You want to be awesome, right?

I'm goign to try like hell to be there. March is a tough month for me this year with a Mammoth trip and Death Valley trip.

I would like to go to this one. I want to teach my boy the value of volunteering and what better way to drive the point home than getting our hands dirty on an off road trail.

We will meet at 9am Sunday March 17th at the end of Palm Avenue.

The run will most likely last to mid afternoon give or take a couple of hours.

My googlemap foo is not working this morning. Can you map it out for me? If I can make it, it wouldn't be till about 10, and I could catch up.

My googlemap foo is not working this morning. Can you map it out for me? If I can make it, it wouldn't be till about 10, and I could catch up.

I'll try. I have a laptop with a wonky screen and a smartphone.

Basically the meeting spot is at the end of Palm Avenue off I-215.

If anyone wants to meet for breakfast there is a Denny's at University and the 215.

Meeting point: N 34° 12.5014', W 117° 21.0407' Google Maps Link

Series of maps of the trail, USGS Topos, printable PDF: 2N49.pdf

Link to Google Earth KMZ file with approximate overlay: 2N49(Appx).kmz

Back