• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ brake questions

the_bandit87

NAXJA Forum User
Just a few questions, since I'm doing the brakes in my 87. I have the D44, and it has a channel welded to it that the line to the right rear wheel runs through to get to the cylinder. The problem is, I can't get the line through the channel, because the line has a fitting on it for the cylinder. Should I just cut the fitting off and flare the line and then isntall a fitting. The other question I have it that I am probably going to replace my caliper bolts (the 7mm ones that were worn) the problem is, the old bolts have a shank that is about an inch, and the new ones have no shank. Also, the new bolts look to be much more cheaply made (they have a matte gray galvanized finish, compared to my old ones that look like they are chrome plated) Also, the old bolts have held up quite nicely, other than the heads being a mess, probably because some one took an imperial size wrench to them. The other thing is that the new bolts don't exactly fit right, it feels like they are corss threaded. My question is, does any one make an OEM style caliper bolt that's better than the ones I have from the dealer.

Back