• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Couple of RE / DPG questions

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
Just noticed on the parts list that the XJ 5.5 kit comes with YJ D35 U-bolts. Will RE change those for you if you have the 8.25... or do you have to BYOUjoints?

Does anyone with the DPG Hybrid 5 inch kit know how well the track bar lines up with the steering linkage? Is there any bump steer to work out?

I know about the YJ E-Brake cables to get the length for the lift... but do those work with the 8.25's also?

Thanks for the pre-purchase info..
HarveOut-

When you order the lift kit they will ask you what axle you have, or if you just do it online you select your axle type from a list. I have resently ordered the DPG/RE 5" kit and am not aware of any steering issues with the kit.

Cool. Did they tell you how long you would have to wait for the kit to arrive? As I understand it, part of the kit comes directly from RE and the replacement parts come from DPG. Did they give you an ETA?

I placed my order with Dirk at DPG last week with a delayed delivery date because I am currently on vacation in FL and don't need the stuff until I get back. He said he would process the order on Dec. 27 so that it would get shipped on the 28th. It was indicated that it would take about 3 days to ship to Montana. That means it could get to my place on the 31st, but I would guess its more likely gonna be Monday the 3rd. The actual lift kit will come directly from RE with the changes that make it the Hybrid kit along with my change to adjustable upper and lower arms. The DPG parts will come from him directly, that includes the bump stop plates, disco cables, t-shirt, and stickers. I also ordered the OME long travels, BPE's, AA SYE, HAD DS, and DPG gas tank skid plate.

Send me a few seeds from your money tree...

Thanks for the info.. What made you decide to go with the adj. uppers and lowers? Did you order the HAD from DPG too?

Harvo said:
Did you order the HAD from DPG too?
DPG does sells the High Angle Driveline shafts but I have opted to get the Advance Adapters SYE installed first and then take the mesaurement before I have the driveshaft made.

Yeah they use the same ebrake cables. or you can just relocate the ebrake bracket back on the unibody

Harvo said:
What made you decide to go with the adj. uppers and lowers?
It lets you play with pinion angles and wheelbase. I also plan on upgrading the axle assembly in the future and want to be able adjust for that as well.

I asked about adjustables when I called. The kit has drop brackets and they said the fixed arms will put everything exactly where it needs to go. I hope that's the case. I agree about getting adjustables if you are going to make future changes though. I think I'll be sticking with the stock front end. I hope I don't regret not getting them now... but there is already so much to buy.

Back