• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aftermarket injectors

gentry20

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 88 xj with the 4.0 and i want to put larger fuel injectors. can find any larger ones. need to know what other vehical injectors work thank you

orange or yellow top ford 5.0L injectors or 93 camaro LT1 injectors.

Not to hijack your thread here... but I am running into a problem with my stroker... .60 over spaced lifters coated piston's n 24lb ford 460 injectors. now my problem is when I get it up to running temp and then drive for awhile if I got to get somthing to eat or get gas mainly any5thing quick, when I go to turen it over it has a real troble almost like back fire or vapor lock? burning the fuil before needed? once started it idles like crap n what not but once freash cold fuiel gets in good it stops or if I let it sit or go to work and come back out it starts just fine no problem's?? I'm thinking vaporlock? fuile to hot?? I wraped the injectors in heat wrap should I do the rail and line's? wrong injector's?? any KIND info would really be appreciated!

gentry look into the orange tops. i have sold about 7 sets to people that are running them on stock motors and they love them. i took them out of mine when i installed my stroker because im now running blue top mustangs.

i have a 88 xj with the 4.0 and i want to put larger fuel injectors.
Why? Bigger injectors won't necessarily make it faster, fuel / air ratio is controlled by the computer and the engine can only flow so much air, besides it's a relatively low speed engine.
But, when I swapped in yellow top Ford injectors from the JY I discovered there were THREE different "stock" injectors in the '89. Runs much better now BTW.

I have also heard 4 cyl neon injectors work well, but can be spendy.

not so much aftermarket as upgrade.

I just ordered 6 for $25 each of the neon injectors.these are rebuilt not new.
works out to $185 delivered to Australia.
http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/catalog/item/4511825/4735791.htm

Decided to go with the multi orifice injector so that I can play with the fuel pressure and not affect the spray pattern so much.
Also supposed to be more efficient ect.
The whole line of thought is outlined here:
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92236

Can you use Bosch Gen III injectors (all plastic body) in place of the Gen II injector that's typically the upgrade offering? Any substantial benefits to the GEN III other than the resistance to deposit build up?

Only LT1 injectors you would want are from a 93. The later ones are too much and your engine will run rich.

i just bought Ford 710 injectors. It is to my understanding that i need a newer fuel rail and pressure regulator from a chrysler? is this right?

I run LT-1 injectors from a '96 Caprice w/LT-1. They are 24-25lb at 49 psi. Mine is a stroker, so it can use the extra fuel.

I don't know if I agree about these being too rich for a stock motor. I would think that there is enough adjustability to "pull back" and not flood the motor.

I run LT-1 injectors from a '96 Caprice w/LT-1. They are 24-25lb at 49 psi. Mine is a stroker, so it can use the extra fuel.

I don't know if I agree about these being too rich for a stock motor. I would think that there is enough adjustability to "pull back" and not flood the motor.
Well, if you have OBDII and/or the capabitily to cut back the fuel trim, then they would probably be okay. But definitely not for a renix, would run way too rich.

Back