NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Midwest Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Midwest Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 221 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:14
<- Yum Chocolate

Re: Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9YZU View Post
Apartment buildings should be banned outright. Even the ""nice ones"" are just future slums because ""Fair Housing"" laws won't allow the landowners to keep out the undesirables and mandate that a certain amount of housing be set asside for those who can't or won't pay.
WOW, I would have been living on the street in college if it was up to you I guess.
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:34
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoab View Post
Best burn out vid ever. (Pretty sure that's Aaron)
http://youtu.be/H8c0tDzyKlA
LOL! That video is awesome! I especially loved how when he got out of the car and saw the carnage, he just sunk his head and kicked a rock! And it couldn't have been Aaron...the guy ran from the camera to the car when he began recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWSTER View Post
Must have left the doors unlocked in the flex last night. ****ing crack heads stole all the change, and scattered everything from the glove box and center console around. nothing important taken i guess, but since the wife is a waitress it was prolly around 10 bucks worth of change.
I really have a great disdain for people who believe it's their right to take something you worked hard for. Even if it has little value, you still worked for it.

XJosh 'Should go back to chopping off hands for thievery' 95
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:45
NAXJA #1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANHO13 View Post
WOW, I would have been living on the street in college if it was up to you I guess.
He lives in Madison. Everything he says is bullshit.
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:53
MWC President

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9YZU View Post
I sympathise with you.

Apartment buildings should be banned outright. Even the ""nice ones"" are just future slums because ""Fair Housing"" laws won't allow the landowners to keep out the undesirables and mandate that a certain amount of housing be set asside for those who can't or won't pay.

Thanks again for pulling through and being a judgmental prick. Should we outlaw trailer parks and houses that cost less than $50k?

Maybe a law that prohibits living in a van, or bus?

You're an elitist ass.
member #285

My build thread: Out of Misery II
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:00
NAXJA Member #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJosh95 View Post
Prove it with a new burnout vid.
The 5.9 has good tires on it that weren't cheap...

But for old times sake...

mac 'the 5.9 will do 2wd burnouts' gyvr
My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:04
NAXJA Forum User

As a former apartment dweller, some people prefer apartments over houses. Many do, like my mom, because the grass is usually cut and taken care of. Also because if something breaks, they fix it. If it wasn't for the fact that Sarah bought a house, we would have been renting an apartment (we will be moving in 10-15 years when her parents want less land to take care of. They will swap homes with us. 3 acres of land, attached 2 car garage, detached two car garage, small barn, yard barn and green house). Also, not all apartment complexes have to allow anyone in. If they do not accept housing assistance, they can be picky who they let in to a point. When I lived with my mom, we looked at one apartment complex. We got denied because her credit sucks. In the end it was the best as the complex got flooded in 2008 (as did the apartments where I lived also).
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:05
BACON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJosh95 View Post
I really have a great disdain for people who believe it's their right to take something you worked hard for. Even if it has little value, you still worked for it.

XJosh 'Should go back to chopping off hands for thievery' 95

I am about 80% positive it was my neighbors kid he is around 35ish no job always strung out on something. he and his friend are always walking the ally picking garbage to scrap.

luckily i have calmed down a lot since i had kids. but there is still a little part of me that wants to wait outside every night till they try again and just whoop the everliving shit out of them, and just call the cops from inside the house and say i woke up to dogs barking and saw someone getting there ass kicked outside.

I just dont like the idea of someone walking by checking car doors every night... its really mine and my wifes fault. we got home last night and both kids were sleeping so she carried one and i had the other, neither of us locked the doors.
I'd rather lick guacamole off hobags balls .
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:08
NAXJA Member

Okay need everyone's opinion on something. About a month ago I sold a 4.0 motor to a woman in town. On July 19th she paid me in full for the motor and said she would be over soon to pick it up. Well guess what, the motor is still sitting here and I haven't heard anything since the 19th. Half tempted to start adding on a storage fee. What would you guys do? Sell it and give her money back out what? Tired of it being in the way.
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:09
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
I am about 80% positive it was my neighbors kid he is around 35ish no job always strung out on something. he and his friend are always walking the ally picking garbage to scrap.

luckily i have calmed down a lot since i had kids. but there is still a little part of me that wants to wait outside every night till they try again and just whoop the everliving shit out of them, and just call the cops from inside the house and say i woke up to dogs barking and saw someone getting there ass kicked outside.

I just dont like the idea of someone walking by checking car doors every night... its really mine and my wifes fault. we got home last night and both kids were sleeping so she carried one and i had the other, neither of us locked the doors.
Huge megawatt security light on a motion sensor.
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:11
NAXJA Member #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy91 View Post
Okay need everyone's opinion on something. About a month ago I sold a 4.0 motor to a woman in town. On July 19th she paid me in full for the motor and said she would be over soon to pick it up. Well guess what, the motor is still sitting here and I haven't heard anything since the 19th. Half tempted to start adding on a storage fee. What would you guys do? Sell it and give her money back out what? Tired of it being in the way.
Do you still have her number?

I'd call her and tell her the options...

mac 'get it out of my way!' gyvr
My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:17
MWC President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy91 View Post
give it to me, i'm gonna need one.

tell her she already picked it up.

member #285

Old August 9th, 2013, 08:20
NAXJA Member #120

Quote:

Unfortunately...locking the doors keeps a lot of people out of your car. I have seen broken windows to get at something (usually in a parking lot where there's an event), normally if the door is locked they move on to the next vehicle. Sucks, but its the society that we live in.

What kills me are the people that leave their gps up in the window of their car and then LEAVE it on all night...it's almost saying, here, come steal me.

mac 'school starts soon, crime will go down a bit' gyvr
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:24
NAXJA Member

Yea i still have her number. I texted her last week and told her it needed picked up. Will talk to her again today and tell her if its not gone by next friday her money will get returned to her. Never thought it would be this hard to sell a $150 4.0 motor.
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:26
MWC President

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyvr View Post

Hey Cameron, post my burnout video.
member #285

Old August 9th, 2013, 08:47
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyvr View Post

Quality burnout vids will always make me feel like a little kid!