• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Constant misfire

i had a problem like this.... all i had to do was replace my air filter

didnt notice anything with mileage but yes got the check engine light and have already scaned it multiple times. it jumped from cylinder 6 misfire to cylinder 2 misfire. the plug I pulled out of cylinder 2 is just derstroyed badly going to post a pic

sorry about the bad pics. and the jeep i am currently driving is a 97 TJ 4.0L I sold my 2000.
100_2381.jpg

100_2382.jpg

100_2383.jpg

true i am sure it was before but i have already replaced all plugs, wires, rotor, rotor, and coil so i dont think it is any of those. I also ran the motor with the plug pulled from that cylinder in order to blow out anything that might of been left behind from the bad plug. Just dont know where to go next.

Do you have access to a set of noid lights? They aren't terribly expsensive and you can plug it into the injector plug and verify the wirring and ECM

Back