• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Last 4X trip

kc7bur

NAXJA Forum User
About a week ago we were in East Lewis county, South of Mt. Rainier.
On forest road 47 then on the 84. Snow. icy, frozen, crunchy snow.
Matter of fact, I had chains on the back and was having a hard time going Down hill! I'm sure glad the road did'nt have any blowdowns or washouts, 'cause it would'nt been a b@%$* turning around and going back up. Kinda funny how brave one gets after one installs a winch. I thought I'd have to use it a couple times. Once for a log over the road that was just rolled enough out of the way, and another time almost stuck that backing up and alittle momenteum cured.
Fun day anyhow.

Sounds good.

I save a lot of $$ every year by just e-wheeling. To hell with a winch, I say. I have e-winch, e-lockers, e-bumpers, e-suspension, etc. Saves me a LOT of money AND time.

For sure.

:wierd:

ECKSJAY said:
Sounds good.

I save a lot of $$ every year by just e-wheeling. To hell with a winch, I say. I have e-winch, e-lockers, e-bumpers, e-suspension, etc. Saves me a LOT of money AND time.

For sure.

maybe thats becuase working for a living doesnt leave you E-Nuff money for the trick stuff on your floor.

ditto, I'm broke too!

ECKSJAY said:
Sounds good.

For sure.

LMAO

kc7bur said:
About a week ago we were in East Lewis county, South of Mt. Rainier.
On forest road 47 then on the 84. Snow. icy, frozen, crunchy snow.
Matter of fact, I had chains on the back and was having a hard time going Down hill! I'm sure glad the road did'nt have any blowdowns or washouts, 'cause it would'nt been a b@%$* turning around and going back up. Kinda funny how brave one gets after one installs a winch. I thought I'd have to use it a couple times. Once for a log over the road that was just rolled enough out of the way, and another time almost stuck that backing up and alittle momenteum cured.
Fun day anyhow.

So, you coming up with us to Jack's pass (if snow), or Reiter (if not snow) on the 19th?

JMotorsprt said:
Which store do you work at.

Sorry for the Posting whore syndrome.

I was wondering that too (?)

I may have some business for you...

I'd like to. Skykomish is a real cool area. I'm not much up for reiter, too trampled. The only others we saw on last trip was a couple forest service guys fixing a wash out and a guy w/ a toyota tundru wimpin at the snow line.
We were at about 4000' elev.

JMotorsprt said:
Which store do you work at.

Sorry for the Posting whore syndrome.

Central 4 Wheel Drive, Kent. :kissyou:

1-800-829-9599

;)

Man, you guys gotta set up a run on a Sunday...I work Saturdays 9-4.

Oh yeah, Glock 23. Let's meet up at Marksman sometime. .40 > *.*

I am trying to set up a new schedule that would allow my Sunday off. Normally, I have to request these Saturdays off.

ECKSJAY said:
Central 4 Wheel Drive, Kent. :kissyou:

1-800-829-9599

;)

Man, you guys gotta set up a run on a Sunday...I work Saturdays 9-4.

Oh yeah, Glock 23. Let's meet up at Marksman sometime. .40 > *.*
...Phil, right? I think I spoke to you about a lift (!).

We should Chat again...
Mark

mr_sniggly said:
...Phil, right? I think I spoke to you about a lift (!).

We should Chat again...
Mark

Sounds good!

If I didn't keep taking Saturdays off with the boss I might be able to take one off. ;) We're actually getting close to busy retail time...when everyone gets their tax returns, lol. Glad to see you guys communicating and getting the runs organized.

kc7bur said:
ecksjay, you're frustrated at your camera? :wave:
Is the marksman the one in Puyallup?

That camera was in commission of a violent felony. It was placed under citizen's arrest and transferred to proper authorities without further incident.

Yeah, Marksman is in Puyallup. Haven't been there since the first of the year, but I hear they mandate a 10-minute safety lecture before they issue you a new card. :) Bout damn time. Went there with some folks once and had to remind a guy about a rule...and he said he didn't know, though he had just signed their paperwork not 10 minutes before. :wierd:

Yeah I'm up for shooting almost anytime man. Hit me backchannel (PM) sometime and we'll meet up.

Have I seen your avatar over on GlockTalk?
My wife likes to shoot also. Last time (couple weeks) we were at the Ft. Lewis range, $3.00 & free targets.

Back