• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upcountry question, need leaf part#

Jayzbird

NAXJA Forum User
Hi-
I'd like to order some Up-Country rear leafs for my XJ, but the dealer says he needs a VIN# as there's a gazillion different part numbers on the rear springs and he says he can't tell which are which. I've got a couple questions:

1. Do I need to worry about UpCountry springs fitting on my model? It's a 99 with the limited-slip 8.25 rear axle, regular springs.

2. Could I just put ~1 inch spacers in the front to compensate for the extra height?

2. Can anyone provide a part # or a VIN from a late model from-the-factory Upcountry model I could use to obtain the proper part? You can email me the vin#

Thanks for any help.

Interestingly enough, upcountry rear springs are the same spring, just arched an extra inch. You'd definitely spend less money to have your springs rearched at a spring shop than buy new ones from the dealer.

Yeah, they'll fit, all cherokee springs are the same as far as fit. You could use a spacer and you'd be fine, you could also check with the jeep shops around and see if any of them have take-off upcountry springs from a jeep they've lifted.
Another option would be to just get a budget boost and go two inches, it might be less hassle and it's inexpensive.

Back