• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveline vibrations

Çrestfa||en

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 2inch lift I put togerther myself and was wondering if I would get vibrations taking it up another inch-inch1/2 so I can fit 31s. Also whats this bump steer I always hear about? Will I really need a new track bar?

No need to worry about bump steer at 2" to 3" of lift.

If you end up with vibration problems in the rear (u-joint related) measuring your angles and shimming is pretty cheap and easy. On the front end, make sure the suspension and steering components are in a good state of repair and be sure to get an alignment after any change in suspension height.

Oh I just thought of another one, do I need to extend the brake lines? Thanks for the info btw.

Lift

Yes, you prob. should do the brake line extension.

Also, I crushed my auto trans cooler lines because my bump stops were not extended when previous owner lifted my XJ. UCA on passenger side hit them.

I have 3-inches and had no prob. with 3-inches lift until I changed the tranny mount. Now I get a light vibe at the 2-3 upshift. You might consider a cross-member with a 1-inch drop if this comes up. Some manuf. claim to be able to get the drop with no loss of ground clearance. Can't vouch for that one way or another.

Back