• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 Wagonner Renix HVAC Vacuum

I see the problem.

That big vac rezzy is actually 2 stuck together. I have cut one apart.

If you put SOURCE vacuum to the open 6mm nipple, everything should work in the dash.

I see the problem.

That big vac rezzy is actually 2 stuck together. I have cut one apart.

If you put SOURCE vacuum to the open 6mm nipple, everything should work in the dash.

Oh really? This is what was mounted under the fender so I assume it was factory...

Currently that's how it's set up Intake Source goes into 6mm, while other 6mm is blocked and the two 4mm are used as sources to hvac and tc

nGj1UL0.jpg

Oh really? This is what was mounted under the fender so I assume it was factory...

Currently that's how it's set up Intake Source goes into 6mm, while other 6mm is blocked and the two 4mm are used as sources to hvac and tc

nGj1UL0.jpg

also don't mind the mess - that pic isn't how it's set up in my diagram, but that's how it is currently set up. Also am deleting that cluster**** with the intake vacuum harness today as well and just running straight silicone lines.

Think 2 different rezzies.......

No vac source to the side with the small hose going to the HVAC controls.

Usually only used on the models with cruise control.

My advice:

Put the hose going to HVAC where the one is for transfer case and see what happens.

At first opportunity, eliminate the transfer case vacuum crap and do the CAD delete mod. That takes 20 minutes.

And if the case is that rezzy is too large or just toast in general, would replacing it with any rezzy work in theory? I have an extra one of these laying around from my BMW that's got 4mm nips that'll work just fine...

gSDOvdf.jpg

Think 2 different rezzies.......

No vac source to the side with the small hose going to the HVAC controls.

Usually only used on the models with cruise control.

My advice:

Put the hose going to HVAC where the one is for transfer case and see what happens.

At first opportunity, eliminate the transfer case vacuum crap and do the CAD delete mod. That takes 20 minutes.

Ahhh I see - so if I T'd off the source and ran two sources to the 6mm and just ran one 4mm out to HVAC and one 4mm to CC/TC that'd solve the issue then?

My 88 has cruise so I have the "football" style reservoir. It's been a while since I've looked but the source is tee'd to both sides. One side then feeds my CC, the other HVAC. Mine is 2wd so no TC.

There's a diagram attached to this parts listing that may help.

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/jeep-harness-vacuum-reservoir-h~53003520.html

Ha - yup that diagram would have helped awhile ago. That's the one I couldn't find anywhere...

That's basically how I've got it set up but with all new silicone lines and it's getting mounted under the coolant reservoir

Did all new calipers in the front so I'm off to bleeding and turns out the rear wheel cylinders now need to be replaced since the bleeder screws are stripped and cross-threaded, but it's getting there - after today it should finally be drive-able.

The million dollar question is though - what the hell is this plug for?

It appears to be coming out of the same part of the harness the blower motor connector comes out of but haven't been able to figure it out for the life of me...

VOfdHDq.jpg

DHwy4Qn.jpg

Under hood light perhaps?

Was my first thought - this mystery connector's cable would be long enough for that but the light has a spade-type connector and doesn't fit up at all...

The light is currently unplugged entirely and this mystery connector is the only thing that isn't connected anywhere in the engine bay.

There are some mystery connectors left dangling under the dash on the passenger side but that's for another day and I think a few of them are for some sort of complete aftermarket stereo setup installed at some point...

Was my first thought - this mystery connector's cable would be long enough for that but the light has a spade-type connector and doesn't fit up at all...

The light is currently unplugged entirely and this mystery connector is the only thing that isn't connected anywhere in the engine bay.

There are some mystery connectors left dangling under the dash on the passenger side but that's for another day and I think a few of them are for some sort of complete aftermarket stereo setup installed at some point...

But it could be that somewhere along the years there was something (switch maybe?) between this connector and the light, as it's really the only thing that makes sense to me too...it doesn't appear to affect anything that I've noticed yet so it'll sit for the time being...

But it could be that somewhere along the years there was something (switch maybe?) between this connector and the light, as it's really the only thing that makes sense to me too...it doesn't appear to affect anything that I've noticed yet so it'll sit for the time being...

My 88 has the retractable light. Mine only has 1 wire and uses the hood for the ground. I recall something that said Jeep switched to 2 wires. Test the red with a voltmeter, see if it's always hot.

Yes. Provided both sides of the rezzy hold vacuum.

Ok everything is connected properly - still not getting anything through the vents under the "Heat" setting.

Defrost seems to work fine - still have not tried any AC settings.

Vent seems to be the only thing pushing air through and really only through the center vent. Side vents are extremely weak and the ball vent has only slightly more than the side vents.

If the defrost vent plastic piece that sits on top of the HVAC box were to have been unseated/not fully flush when the dash was put back together could that cause this?

Could it be a kink in the vacuum harness going to the controls?

Overall engine cooling is getting better - a few more rounds of bleeding/burping from the gauge sensor.

To tell the truth, I don't understand how do you understand this. This is for me like Chiness language. Are you sure that it is safe to make it by your own? Honestly, I would ask help from a technician. Such things better trust to professionals.
My friend is making studies in an HVAC school https://www.hvacschools411.com/hvac-salary/ and he well versed in cooling systems and even in such things. So when I have the necessity, I always ask him to help me. But I would never climb there myself so as not to break anything. In fact, you can make it worse.

Back