• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Line brackets/oil pan mounts

shawn57nomad

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ Classic (Stock suspension, 4.0, 0331 head, 3.55's, D30, C8.25, AW4, 194k, replacing all worn parts as time permits, No dents until recent giant hail storm or severe rust, super clean chassis!) I found the annoying rattle finally after a couple months since my purchase. The rattle in question was in fact the transmission cooler lines and they've been slightly pinched by the UCA due to a recent deteriorated bump stop. My question is where do I get the insulated brackets and mounts for my dangling cooler lines? The boneyards here in my area have been exhausted.

01b2ac495dfdd72d36d673c11440a6f2.jpg
335706fc347e45c4cb46b88676ee4874.jpg
42868fdbea39fdd94ad1cd63eccfa9d7.jpg
a766a8b75e18cf7088eea1139f89ade2.jpg
973806d746d62d048ed952c58d54f34a.jpg
f1c82f291efd6655d1cad50b702c94a1.jpg
)
Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mechanically inclined for 17 years strong and have the right tools for the job(s). I tend to be anal when it comes to putting it back together cause I'm doing it once and that's it. :D This is my first time using Tapatalk since photopooper took a dump on all of us.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just replaced mine with -6an stainless braided hose -- also added an aftermarket Trans cooler

The stainless hose is a little pricey but I should never have to do it again

Making brackets now to keep it all tucked up out of the way

That tab that is hanging where your soft line meets hard line on the cooler return is supposed to be attached to a tab at the bottom of the radiator. I recently replaced my radiator, and the new aftermarket one didn't have the tab, so I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the main fan shroud and used a sheet metal screw to attach it.

She is clean! Very nice.

Thanks fellas I really appreciate the insight and direction. I have a PILE of parts waiting to go on since my last posting, GIANT PILE. I guess since it's got 210000 miles on it now it's due and if it needs replaced I might as well upgrade.

That tab that is hanging where your soft line meets hard line on the cooler return is supposed to be attached to a tab at the bottom of the radiator. I recently replaced my radiator, and the new aftermarket one didn't have the tab, so I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the main fan shroud and used a sheet metal screw to attach it.

She is clean! Very nice.

And the other brackets over against the frame rail goes on the studs sticking out from the oil pan, which if the pan has ever been off might be in the wrong spots.

Back