• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinions needed

az4wheeler2002

NAXJA Forum User
I've saved up acouple of bucks, whats everyones opinions on running a currie rockjock hp d60 in the rear and a d44 in the front? overkill?
I'll probably only ever run 33's
what about gearing, I'm currently at 4.56, would going to 4.88 also be overkill

az4wheeler2002 said:
I've saved up acouple of bucks, whats everyones opinions on running a currie rockjock hp d60 in the rear and a d44 in the front? overkill?
I'll probably only ever run 33's
what about gearing, I'm currently at 4.56, would going to 4.88 also be overkill
What kind of wheeling?
ANwyways for 33's? Rear 44 and front 44 or rear 44 and a built up front 30. Gears? 4.88's. And I'll take 50% of what you just saved :D

you could break rockwells with 33s in the right situation , that being said go with a 8.8 in the rear and beef up your d30 and stay with 4.56s if youre only going to 33s.

regearing to 4.88s would be a giant waste of money if youre only going to run 33s, the only reason you should be thinking about it is if you have a 4cyl

Kejtar said:
What kind of wheeling?
ANwyways for 33's? Rear 44 and front 44 or rear 44 and a built up front 30. Gears? 4.88's. And I'll take 50% of what you just saved :D

4.88's aren't too low, any idea if it will hwy speeds

88rockxj said:
regearing to 4.88s would be a giant waste of money if youre only going to run 33s, the only reason you should be thinking about it is if you have a 4cyl
ummm and you're basing your opinon on...?

az4wheeler2002 said:
..hp60. overkill?...I'll probably only ever run 33's
what about gearing, I'm currently at 4.56, would going to 4.88 also be overkill.
If you have to ask us, it's probably overkill. If you're only gonna run 33's, it's definitely overkill.

Going from 4.56 to 4.88's is not overkill, just a waste of money.

Unless you plan on huge tires, a better way to spend that excess cash is:
- Good rear 44 or 9 inch with alloy shafts and disc brakes
- Alloy shafts for the d30

If you still have leftover cash, please send it my way:wave:

where is crashes gearing thread????

88rockxj said:

Really can you tell my WHY I WASTED MY MONEY..Cause I love my 4.88's

jrsxj98 said:
Really can you tell my WHY I WASTED MY MONEY..Cause I love my 4.88's

try paying attention

you have 35s

hes only gonna run 33s

he already has 4.56 gears

if you spend 400$+ to go from 4.56 to 4.88 for 33 inch tires you are waisting your money unless you are VERY wealthy

are you drunk or somthing? he stated hes only gonna go to 33s and already has 4.56 gears, if you think hes not waisting his money going to 4.88s under those circumstances then perhaps you should buy them for him.

Kejtar said:
ummm and you're basing your opinon on...?

im basing my opinion on the fact that he would be waisting his money regearing to 4.88s when he has 4.56s and thats the proper gears to run with 33" tires and a 6 cyl.

Wasting money?

4.56 vs 4.88?

33" vs 35"?

Wasting bandwidth...?

Guilty...

All of You!

Paying members forgiven...

The rest of you: JU beckons

Have a nice complacent day

88rockxj said:
try paying attention

you have 35s

hes only gonna run 33s

if you spend 400$+ to go from 4.56 to 4.88 for 33 inch tires you are waisting your money unless you are VERY wealthy

are you drunk or somthing? he stated hes only gonna go to 33s and already has 4.56 gears, if you think hes not waisting his money going to 4.88s under those circumstances then perhaps you should buy them for him.

So its your opinion so it is gosspil...Take yourself to JU

jrsxj98 said:
So its your opinion so it is gosspil...Take yourself to JU

can you even weld? how many jeeps have you owned? take yourself to JU, if you think its not a waste of time to go from 4.56 to 4.88 for 33" tires you obviously belong there.

88rockxj said:
try paying attention

you have 35s

hes only gonna run 33s
I got 33's and I got 4.88's and I love the combo. Aren't you gonna pick on me??

Ummm sell the 4.56 axles and regear a new set of axles? I've done that once and I came out about even.

can you even weld? how many jeeps have you owned? take yourself to JU, if you think its not a waste of time to go from 4.56 to 4.88 for 33" tires you obviously belong there.
Umm Dude.... Why don't you take that attitude someplace else? Cause your post comes close to being an attack... and that's f'd up.

88rockxj said:
im basing my opinion on the fact that he would be waisting his money regearing to 4.88s when he has 4.56s and thats the proper gears to run with 33" tires and a 6 cyl.
Proper gears for 6 cylinder and 33's? Oh wise one, enlighten me: can I run 35's on 3.55's? :D :D That gearing kind of fits in the chart :D.

88rockxj said:

I am done arguing with you, this guy asked my opinion and I gave It. I ran 4.88's with 33's before I went to 35's and loved it. For what its worth Ive owned jeeps since I was 15....so about as long as youve been around.

Back