• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab photos and videos at the Friday night dinner/raffle/awards

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Is there anyone that would like to put together photos and videos from the week at the dinner on Friday night?

We will have access to a projector. I had big dreams of buying a drone and a new laptop to try to do it myself, but I'm financially unable to make it happen.

Is there a volunteer that would like to take this on? I'm sure that I could get an email address set up through NAXJA that folks could email photos/video to each day from the trails to share with everyone that we could get you access to.

I can't provide a laptop with enough power to support this project, so you'd have to have access to a laptop that could make it happen. It wouldn't even have to be made into a video, could just be a slideshow. I get folks will post a bunch on social media, but it's cool to have some of this to show at the dinner on Friday night.

Post here or PM me if you'd like to take this on.

Also is anyone planning to bring a drone? I've done some research and if you have your part 107 sUAS license from the FAA, it appears that there are no restrictions unless you are on private property and you can't fly them at a National Park (at least the times we are there). The only thing I can find on BLM land is that they refer back to the FAA and having a part 107 license (I have one).

I will ask about permission for a drone at the show and shine if someone is bringing one.

mac 'photogenic' gyvr

I suspect Noah will be willing to bring his drone.

IF I get my new laptop up and running by then, I can put anything people have on it, and project the images / slideshow.

David Bricker / SYR

Oh yes...my drone will be there. Just updated with new firmware and new fly safe fire data and I already checked and the whole area is clear for flight. I have a DJI mavic Pro, so i will be taking footage everywhere..... I'm totally down to put some video and stills together. I have the ability to pull stills from the video if I want.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Very cool. I fly a Mavic Pro with a Flir added on at work. However, work wasn't too keen when I asked if I could take it out west... I will send you a PM.

For everyone else, if you email your photos to: [email protected] we'll be collecting them to share at the dinner on friday night.

mac 'the week in pics' gyvr

I picked up a mavic Air in June. I'm going to get as much video and such as possible but do not expect much lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back