• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to get to go to moab

Supermanxj

NAXJA Forum User
What kinda stuff do i need to get to go to Mecca, oh i mean moab.
Lift?
Tire size?
Supplies?
Me and my buds are thinkin about headin to maob this spring break and i want to know what i need to save up for.

This is what I'm starting out with.
1995 Cherokee Sport
5-speed
Cool stereo.

mejeep.jpg

And the little girl is my cousin. I bought it from her parents.

you could do some of the trails there with what you got. there are plenty that a stock xj could easily handle.

Don't forget to take your own beer. The beer in UT sucks.

old_man said:
Don't forget to take your own beer. The beer in UT sucks.

aint that the truth. it does suck here in ut.

daxjbubba said:
What kinda stuff do i need to get to go to Mecca, oh i mean moab.
Lift?
Tire size?
Supplies?
Me and my buds are thinkin about headin to maob this spring break and i want to know what i need to save up for.

This is what I'm starting out with.
1995 Cherokee Sport
5-speed
Cool stereo.

mejeep.jpg

And the little girl is my cousin. I bought it from her parents.
Not much: Moab is great as it has something for everyone. Big things are: tow points and since you got a stick, I'd get deeper gears to have more control/fun on the trails. Tirewise you'd be surprised how well AT's and similar tires stick to slickrock!

stewie said:
you could do some of the trails there with what you got. there are plenty that a stock xj could easily handle.
i agree, you could do alot around here like it is, so you won't be able to do the "extreme" trails around here but you still will get a taste of what moab has to offer.

Your might want to get a little armor. Skid plates for at least the fuel tank and transfer case. Them rocks are hard. That is a good start. I have wheeled Moab several times in just my Stock XJ and had a blast.

Mary

cool thanx for the replies.

I really want to go. but my freinds are split between where we want to go. two want to go th st. louis and indianapolis to see the sights. The other two (Me and my Girlfriend) Wanna go to moab to wheel and then to lake tahoe to enjoy. We only have a week to do this so time is a factor here too.

I hope to go cuz that would be frickin awesome.

Bubba

Much nicer scenery in Moab and Tahoe than StL and Indy.

+1 for Moab! Tell them it will be way better there then some dirty cities!

xjohnnyc said:
Much nicer scenery in Moab and Tahoe than StL and Indy.

x2... I live near STL and drove to Indy on Monday. I was in Moab at the beginning of October, its much better.

Back