NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > Land Use / Off Topic and other Forums > Non-Tech / Off Topic
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Non-Tech / Off Topic The popular Non-Tech Forum. NO SPAM at all. Period.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2013, 18:46
NAXJA Member

King of the Trimmers Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing

Here's our KOT entry. Montgomery Wards with a 12 HP Briggs. We stripped the mower carriage and blades off of it.

Getting it ready to race. Put a new belt on it and changed the oil. It would hardly run because the air filter was so plugged up, so it got a new filter. Also got a new battery.

Thanks to , Falken Tires, Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines, Ten Factory Axles, Brown Dog, Hooker Harness, BILSTEIN, Raceline Wheels, WARN, G&G Auto Repair/Off Road, Yukon Gear and Axle, Full Traction, Cal, Russ, James, and many, many others.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 18:49
NAXJA Member

Re: King of the Trimmers Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing

Getting it spiffy. Gotta match the team colors.

Lookin' good.

Thanks to , Falken Tires, Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines, Ten Factory Axles, Brown Dog, Hooker Harness, BILSTEIN, Raceline Wheels, WARN, G&G Auto Repair/Off Road, Yukon Gear and Axle, Full Traction, Cal, Russ, James, and many, many others.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 18:51
NAXJA Member

Looking Jeep-ish.

Richard G
Old January 22nd, 2013, 18:54
NAXJA Member

King of the Trimmers started as a spoof on King of the Hammers. Now, it has become an actual race at KOH. The KOT race will be Monday afternoon Feb 4th.

https://www.facebook.com/KingOfTheTrimmers
Old January 22nd, 2013, 22:00
NAXJA Forum User

That thing is looking sharp richard!
Old January 22nd, 2013, 23:11
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos

Looks great!

Reminds me, I need to get working on the tractor I bought off the Head Lobster in Charge quite a while ago now... and maybe pick the snowplow for it up from him sometime, seeing as it's quite wintery now.
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:02
Member# 2368

Man, for as old as that thing is it sure was CLEAN to begin with.

None of my mowers are that pretty anymore.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:16
NAXJA Forum User

I LOVE that this has become an actual race.

Awesome.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:37
NAXJA Warranty Voider

I'm waiting to see if its an actual race *next* year.. If we will have a few months to work on improving the 4700 car..
Old January 23rd, 2013, 15:20
NAXJA Member

We're trying to figure out how to disable the governor on the Briggs motor. We'd also like to weld the rear end, but we may run out of time. We'll see.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 17:30
NAXJA Supporting Vendor

Drop in a Rotax.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 17:39
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos

Do you make motor mounts for that swap?
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.
Old January 24th, 2013, 11:04
NAXJA Forum User

Wow, I have the exact same model except it has a different logo (AGWAY). Mine is still running great but I sure could use the mowing deck that was stripped: mine needs to be replaced.
Anyway, I hope you do well in this race. I will feel proud riding on mine this summer. I may even paint it the same colors.
Old January 24th, 2013, 14:05
NAXJA Member

That's cool. I actually have two of them. I got two of them off of Craigslist for 150 bucks. I jumped on it because I thought it would work out having another one for spare parts. This one we got running with a new air filter, the other one we haven't tried to get running yet. The other one is dirtier, but looks like it hasn't been used as much because many of the parts are in better condition.

We're having fun with it.

Richard G
Old January 25th, 2013, 19:42
NAXJA Forum User

I gotta say, I am impressed with the Petty Cash effort. LOL

we have an agway like that that goes about 30mph or so, sadly it wont be making it out there..

i need to figure out when we are running. BLM makes it difficult to put on an "event" so right now it is a charity ride for JV that people may try to drive faster than one another on