• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overcooling?

Are you postive the t-stat is seated correctley? About 5 years ago I put in a new radiator and triple fan setup, right after that my temp were cold like yours once I got about 20+ mph. Ended up pulling the t-stat and it was stuck open, problem due to overtemp while programming the fans. Replaced and was still running cold. Left it like that and figured it was the radiator.

Fast forward til this summer and it was trying to overheat going down the highway at 80 mph. Came home to do a coolant flush and found that a little rtv had cocked the t-stat allowing a little coolant to constantly flow. Did my flush and was careful with keeping it seated, all is well now. And my trouble t-stat was a mopar one, I just put a cheapo in from advanced autoparts this go around

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ecomike,

I just finished reading a Bureau of Standards report on thermistors stability/drift by S.D. Wood and WHEN the thermistor works the drift is minimal even at 105F. BUT, the likelihood of failures, per Navsea, is 63% for opens, 22% for parameter changes and 15% for shorts. So it appears the fastest way to check a CTS is a continuity check. Apparently temperature cycles and thermal expansions cause circuit detachments inside the thermistors.

Best regards,

CJR

Back