• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ drag link question

JungleJames

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Y'all

My Jeep is a 2000 XJ 4.0

I'm rebuilding the steering linkage and read that ZJ tie-rod is a upgrade and the drag-link is the same. I ended up ordering the ZJ tie-rod and drag-link.

The drag-link I received is about 1 inch longer than the one I removed. I'm wondering if it was manufactured incorrectly. The added length comes from the drivers side threaded end (just the bar side, not including the adjuster sleeve and tie-rod).

Can anyone confirm that they should be the same length?

Thanks for the help

Depends on the year. I have a 93 ZJ drag link on my 89. The only difference is the ZJ link is a solid bar versus the XJ version being a tube.

Yep turns out the drag-links can vary, best to get the drag-link for your XJ and the tie-rod-bar from the ZJ if your looking for the solid bar vs rolled.

I ended up ordering a drag-link for my 2000 Cherokee and tie-rod bar from a 1996 Grand Cherokee.

Back