• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99XJ - Passenger Side Clunking

xdarrows

NAXJA Forum User
In the last couple of weeks, I've noticed a pretty prominent clunking sound coming from under the front passenger floor board (in the vicinity of the LCA frame mount).

I have new JKS adjustable LCAs installed.

Any ideas on how to diagnose and eliminate?

Thanks!

I'd start with double checking the LCA install and verify everything is tight. In the past, if I felt the clunking through the floorboard, it's been my UCA. You could also check the condition of the UCA bushings at the axle end as well. Give everything a once over.

I had the same issue with mine. We swapped the lower control arms and the noise moved with the arm.

Do you have the JKS arms with the rubber ends on both ends of the bar or do you have the ones with the one end is a rubber bushing and the other has a rebuildable end? I originally had the ones with two rubber bushings and no lock nut to lock the bar. Those are not rebuildable. I bought the J-Flex with the rebuildable end to replace them. The rebuildable end is supposed to be greased with non-petroleum grease. Keep them greased and they should be quiet.

Back