• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things learned at Moab Fest.......

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
This was a rediculous-fun trip! Aside from some breakage, we all had a great time on the trails and in camp. :thumbup:

Tradition dictates that there always must be a "things learned" thread to capture all the fun that was had. Some will be obvious, some will be ya-had-to-be-there kinda stuff, but none of it will lack the phunnay! So........

1. Last minute wrenching sucks - especially when it's due to your own stupidity.... :D
2. Leaving home at 1:30 am to get to Moab in time for an all-day run having had zero sleep in nearly 40 hours is TOTALLY worth it!
3. I have sand in EVERYTHING - you name it, there's sand in it.
4. SteveT has "hootai"
5. Janine (J-9) will from this point forward be known as "Igottagallonofthat" and her rig as "The rolling Wal-Mart". :D
5.1. In support of #5: "Anyone got any diff fluid?" Janine: "Yeah, what kind do you want? Synthetic or regular? I have 75/140 or 85/140"........ :laugh:
6. Brian (zith) needed metric heater hose.
7. Ben_Dyer found an easy fix for a busted 231 that won't drive the front wheels....... It's called Tera 2-Low. :D
8. SteveT wanted someone to hold his nuts......... and figured out a way to make it happen on Hells Revenge.
9. eflores got to experience Moab 'wheeling - via cell phone. :moon:
10. Zax Pizza buffet is STILL the best meal in Moab.
11. Kevin (fireLt.) can really roll out a mean tow strap - you'd think he was a fire fighter or sumpthin.......
12. Wheeling at 10pm removes all fear of shelf roads above deep canyons.
13. Ben (beezle)'s Rig doesn't like rear lockers. It's rejected 2 of 'em now.....
14. Broken axle shaft stubs come out of an ARB much easier if you remove your hand from the end it needs to fall out from.........
15. I was denied an exit from Mickey's Hot Tub....... AGAIN.
16. SteveT knows a bunch of funny jokes...... that he won't tell anyone.
17. CarQuest sells power steering pulleys......... :dunno:
18. Sandstone isn't any less forgiving to Bushwhackers.....
19. Quoted for truth: Kevin (fireLt.) "I got to put my hands on alot of guy's rear ends today"
20. Mike can definitely drive that open-open Grand Hero......
21. Janine (J-9) doesn't like my spotting directions.... look for Hell's gate pics.... :eek:
22. JohnJohn will let ANYONE babysit in order to get some alone time.......
23. "Smack at the Crack"...... DO NOT Google it without your filter on.... :D
24. Poo related humor makes SteveT run away to his "happy place".
25. Cheddar brats wrapped in grilled tortillas are da-bomb!
26. Someone...... went wheeling with cast aluminum degree shims and broke 'em. :dunce:
27. Sand storms and differential repairs shouldn't happen simultaneously..... makes things "crunchy".

And lastly, thanks to J-9, zith, fireLt, beezle, and Ranger Rick for all the help in fixing my rig, and providing parts, supplies and hands in fixing the other rigs during the "event". Hopefully I get the chance to pay it forward!

Cant wait to see pics!

You forgot to end your post with 'SUPRISE!!!' :thumbup: :thumbup:

LOL! Yeah, I figured I'd let someone else add that....... It's probably more funny when sitting around the campfire with a couple jack and cokes in your system...... or watching those drunks laugh at it..... :D

Unfortunately, being trail leader doesn't afford you much opportunity to be a photographer, but I'll post up some that I do have shortly.

I know there will be quite a few awesome pics though....... as mentioned earlier..... watch for J-9 on Hell's Gate....... :eek:

Let's see here...

1) Side-by-Sides will now for ever be known as "Little People Big Wheels".
2) If I were to ever ride a trials motorcycle on golden spike, I know what not to do on the crack.
3) Matt knows a lot of funny off-color jokes, and Steve always tries to change the subject.
4) Know how to use your jeep before you go (ahem Ben). :laugh:
5) Don't follow Tom too close.
6) Says my son, "Daddy drives upside down!"
7) I now think of a bear, a bunny, and a skunk in a completely different way. see #3
8) Hell's Gate isn't that scary....just drive the damn thing.
9) Let the guy in the $80k rig show you "the line".

I'll add more as I think of them.

9) Let the guy in the $80k rig show you "the line".

........ and then take the hard line to humiliate him. :D

And yeah, that bear/bunny/skunk joke was pretty damn phunnay...... :laugh:

28. SteveT will randomly bust out in a traditional Irish clogging dance

100_0406.jpg

:roflmao:

That wasn't random, he was doing a little dance for me expecting tips to buy new lug nuts.......:D

Ok, now that there brings the phunnay! :thumbup:

How was the weather?? Looked sunny

How was the weather?? Looked sunny

We had good weather, the wind was an occasional issue though. Pretty damn windy on and off.

We had good weather, the wind was an occasional issue though. Pretty damn windy on and off.

understatement of the year -- 60-70mph gusts chased us out of camping at Arches (although it wasn't as bad in town) - yesterday afternoon you could barely see the west rim from town, the dust storm was that thick. On a 10 scale, Friday aside, the weather was a 3 (Friday was damn nice).

1) 2LO is not just Troy Tulowitzki nickname
2) leave with the earlier group when rolling Spider-Spike-Rim
3) If your name is JohnJohn, haters will always wish bad things for you
4) JKs are XJ, but more perfect
5) how to crawl, yes crawl Double Whammy
6) it's windy there
7) when driving slow CB chatter gets punchy
8) eating steak with you hands is ok
9) helmets with chin guards are a must
10) when you think you're gonna FAIL you probably will SATC

Last edited:
Back