NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old November 2nd, 2019, 12:12
NAXJA Forum User

Drivers side won’t lock and windows slow going up

My drivers side door won’t lock with the power lock button and the windows are going up and down slowly almost to the point of dying on my 2000 XJ. Could it be the switches?
Old November 2nd, 2019, 13:12
Freakish Hand Strength

Re: Drivers side won’t lock and windows slow going up

Failure of the drivers door and tailgate wire harness is very common. Start with a simple visual inspection.

Apply 12 volts directly to the power window motor, speed it up any ?

Failure of the drivers door master switch assembly is somewhat common, but that typically results loss of function, not the symptoms you are describing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjeeper

Go ahead and slam the liftgate down on a blanket, and see how long you are laughing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyjer

Tim MAY be 100% correct, but why would a person automatically pick him as the expert .....
Old November 5th, 2019, 07:04
NAXJA Member

Drivers side won’t lock and windows slow going up

If you can't find any broken or damage wires, check the passenger side. Locks and window control go through the passenger side switch. If no wires are broken, replace the passenger side switch. It didnt make sense that controls would run through the passenger side so i resisted replacing mine for a long time, but when i finally replaced the passenger switch, all function came back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old November 5th, 2019, 08:12
NAXJA Member

Re: Drivers side won’t lock and windows slow going up

No matter how many threads you start on the same subject, on multiple forums, the answer will still be the same -- You need to get into the door wiring boot and fix your broken,chaffed wires -- until you do that nothing will change