• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drivers side won’t lock and windows slow going up

Jeepmedic46

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My drivers side door won’t lock with the power lock button and the windows are going up and down slowly almost to the point of dying on my 2000 XJ. Could it be the switches?

Failure of the drivers door and tailgate wire harness is very common. Start with a simple visual inspection.

Apply 12 volts directly to the power window motor, speed it up any ?

Failure of the drivers door master switch assembly is somewhat common, but that typically results loss of function, not the symptoms you are describing.

medium800.jpg

If you can't find any broken or damage wires, check the passenger side. Locks and window control go through the passenger side switch. If no wires are broken, replace the passenger side switch. It didnt make sense that controls would run through the passenger side so i resisted replacing mine for a long time, but when i finally replaced the passenger switch, all function came back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

No matter how many threads you start on the same subject, on multiple forums, the answer will still be the same -- You need to get into the door wiring boot and fix your broken,chaffed wires -- until you do that nothing will change

Back