• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone up for Rausch Creek this weekend?

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
I got the rollcage in and painted, and REALLY need to get out for a trail ride, and was wondering if anyone wants to join me. I have at least two other Jeeps going up with me, a YJ and a CJ, so it would be nice to get a few more XJ's out there. I need to check with Bruce to see if there are any work parties this weekend. Maybe we can chip in some work in the morning and wheel all afternoon. Anyone Interested??

Andy

Saturday or Sunday? Lousy weather on Sat is forecast, but I can be tempted for either day.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Bruce is having a 50/50 on Sunday. Meet at the MX office at 9:00 a.m. Sunday is supposed to be beautiful, Saturday rainy.

It would help a lot if everyone had their membership application filled out, that will save time in the morning. We will have our own website up shortly, in the meantime, you can go to http://www.jeepsrus.org and click on the rauschcreek maps link for the rules and waiver.

Lets do it on Sunday then. I had something scheduled for that day, but it was cancelled. Is that all that are interested?? Just the "usual suspects"? No offense Mike/Chris, but we can't be the only ones itching to get out on the trail.

Andy

Not that you want to hear my excuses....but my brake lights and blinkers went out mysteriously....can't go anywhere without them. Plus I've got finals coming up. After may 10th though...I'm there though. _nicko_

I would love to make it, but I am working on NACfest preps! Hope y'all have a nice day.:D

http://www.gprecon.com/gallery.asp?folder=rauschcreek1

img_4238.jpg

Guess I'm going to have to meet you next time I see your Cherokee on the trail. I was in the big purple Cherokee, sitting next to the Ford pickup in your one pic. We had a "Play" day instead of a work day for a change. We went out and played in the Rock Garden for a while. It was a great day for wheeling.

Andy

Ah yes, I remember seeing your Cherokee, Andy. That purple is hard to miss. :) Hope you had a great day on the trail!

That picture isn't me - actually, I don't know the name of the guy who drives this Cherokee. He had a Baltimore 4 Wheelers sticker on his windshield.

I drive a red and tan TJ, although I am an XJ owner. I felt it would be out of place to display a picture of my TJ in this forum. :cool:

Looks like you guys had some fun too. What trails did you run? Were you the group that stopped by Rock Creek when I was spotting the green CJ out? There are some awesome lines through there. We just made a loop and went back out the same way we came in, but next time when we ge there a little earlier and have more time we'll run it end to end.

Andy

That's Dave Gardner in the picture Chris posted. Glad to hear you guys had fun. I posted some pics from the weekend at http://www.imageevent.com/tealj Mostly pics of some KGB guys playing on Trail 6 and down in the Rock Creek.

That rock garden looks like it's out there just to bash the undercarriage.....can't wait to play around there. Anyone wanna go one day during the neuroc comp at paragon? _nicko_

Last weekend we had some volunteers cut open a very sweet blue trail running parallel to the Rock Creek, on the north side. It runs parallel until the terrain started to get really super hard, so the trail then runs north up to Trail 11. We then went over to Crawler Ridge and we ran the bypass loop around it. I just got my 32" MTR's put on the day before. No rubbing as far as I could tell.
Dsc00015.jpg

Back