• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rausch Creek Trail Maintanence

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
Hello everyone,

John K and Matt Spiece, Lynn and I (along with about 30 other people from different clubs) participated in the trail cutting at Rausch Creek this past weekend. This park has a great opportunity for some excellent trails. We cut a "Stock" trail that has some great moderate sections (with bypasses around the moderate lines). We also took a ride out to check out the "hardcore" area and scope out some lines. There is a section in this park much like the hill along the coal road in Paragon where the "M" Extension, Chicken Run, Drumstick, etc... trails are located. There is potential for numerous lines up this hill in this section, as well as access roads on the upper portion of the hill (which is already cut) and access to the bottom, which needs to be scoped out yet and cut. Bruce Shallis is the coordinator of the ORV park. They will be scoping out and marking and cutting trails in the park for the next few months. These trails are easy to access, and I believe NAXJA-NAC has a great opportunity to be involved in creating some excellent trails. For more info on the park, check out www.rauschcreekracing.com. Lets put a group together and do a work party up there (maybe a couple-?) some time in the next few weeks. As I said before though, Bruce Shallis is our contact so any arrangements we make must be OK'd through him. His contact info is on the Rausch Creek website.

Thanks,
Andy

Let me know when,I will be there.I wanted to go Sunday but I guess the XJ didn't,I had a little mechanical problem on Saturday that I had to fix Sunday.

This place definitely has potential, the "stock" trail we made would be better suited at a moderate, however bypasses are being made all over the place so it can be run either way, which is neat. Earl Derby from NY was also there , but with another group.

Keep posted of when you're going I'd love to get something in with my NAC clubbers before I leave for the Air Force and probably NAC for good. :cry: Heck keep posted of ANYTHING. haha

Back