• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 track lock ...

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
i found one cheap and im gonna buy it... are there any stregnth defficiencies in these stock units? anything to look out for? its out of an 89 wagoneer with unknown mileage.. ill probably slap it in my 87 which really needs a good once thru with new gears and like. bad idea to put a used one into a rebuild? thanks in advance.... you guys are a wealth of knowledge....

what are the chances the spline count wouldnt match? i have a stock D44 with 3.54 now.... been told its the same but i like more than one opinion... what should my spline count be? thanx again..

The spline count will be the same...30. Check the case for cracks, nicks and burrs. I've used one that looked like it had been used for target practice and it still works. It might be a good idea to replace the clutch packs with new ones before you install it.

thanks alot.... i will probbaly stick it inthe parts pile until i rebuild the axles over the winter... but at the price i cant let it go...

go for it...i just put a '87 d44 with trac lock in my '91...easy switch!
p.s.....it also had 231,000 miles! on it.....works great. just remember if your going to put 33's or larger...you may want to install 4.11's or 4'56's gears now. if you change the gears...then also put you locker in at the same time. if your new d44 has alot of off-road miles...there's a good chance your trac lock is no longer working. just check it out. happy WHEEL'IN!

Back