• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JohnXJNJ : BUYER/SELLER BEWARE

Fx4Dude

NAXJA Forum User
Couple weeks ago I decided to Sell my XJ, a lot of people wanted parts so I Stated that i would part out the Rig If someone bought the Axles from me. Well this dude PM's me and wants to buy them, we agree on price and make a deal and I go to work pulling all the parts off my rig drop the Bare body on the trailer and drop it off at the Junkyard. Shortly after that He stops Responding to my Messages.....no contact since after numerous Attempts and seeing that he's been online but obviously ignoring me.

So just a FYI to everyone.

Actually I kinda sympathize.

A contract via Email is just as binding as a regular written contract. For that reason, folks are dumbfounded when deals via the internet fall though.

The good thing is that he still has these axles to sell.
The bad thing is that they are no longer under the Jeep ;)

Hey i'm just givin a heads up, not bitching. No need for the "your Fault live and learn" Crap. Chances are I was gonna part the Rig anyway, I needed to make room for the New TJ project.

I have dealed with a lot of people in the Jeepin community and sold/bought a lot of stuff and never had this happen, kinda sux because it's hard enough to trust people that you dont know....when trying to make a deal. It's shady people like this that make us all Suspicious.

Damn man sorry to hear that. I have been screwed a few times over the web too. It sucks knowing that you can no longer take a mans word as his honor. On a lighter note I did send you my MO for the parts I said I would buy from you.

Fx4Dude said:
Hey i'm just givin a heads up, not bitching. No need for the "your Fault live and learn" Crap. Chances are I was gonna part the Rig anyway, I needed to make room for the New TJ project.

I have dealed with a lot of people in the Jeepin community and sold/bought a lot of stuff and never had this happen, kinda sux because it's hard enough to trust people that you dont know....when trying to make a deal. It's shady people like this that make us all Suspicious.
No heads up is needed.

He didnt get something for free, you just didn't play your cards correctly, sooooo, you are bitching.

Fergie said:
No heads up is needed.

He didnt get something for free, you just didn't play your cards correctly, sooooo, you are bitching.

Ohhh.....really? you know until you said something I....just didnt realize that, wow...thank you. :moon:

Fx4Dude said:
Ohhh.....really? you know until you said something I....just didnt realize that, wow...thank you. :moon:
The point is, you came on here and put up a post clearly flaming someone and warning others about dealing with them when in fact it sounds very much like it was your mistake. When you say "make a deal" did you exchange money or fill out a bill of sale?

For myself and obviously Fergie as well as many others, I would not have gone to the trouble to remove anything until the guy was either standing there with cash in hand or had already paid for it. He didn't do anything wrong except be a tire-kicker and he doesn't deserve a bad rep for that.

As far as I am concerned, this is exactly the same as if I phone someone to ask about their car for sale and tell them I'm coming to see it later that day and then they try to hold me accountable for the sale when I don't show up.

whatever you say....i'm not gonna debate that fact. In my world if I say I'll do something, I do it, i guess you're not the same, and thats half the problem these days. And if someone backs out and cant even respond with a reason why I think they should be flammed for it.

No it would be the same as if you Called up someone and Said I will Buy it, Hold it for me I'll be there later in the day, and then someone else comes by and wants to buy it and you tell them sorry it's already sold. What it comes down to is these days you cant trust anyone's word, and you get burned if you try and be a nice guy. There are so many bullshiters out there you can't assume anything unless you have cash in hand.

Chok one up to lesson learned and move on. you can sit on your High Horse and tell me what you think all day long...i dont really care.

Have a good one all, I'm done with this.:wave1:

Well actually everyone is right on this one. Ethically a contract is a contract wether it was made verbally or in writing. On the same token, its just good business sense to have cash in hand. Hence the saying: No ticky, no laundry.

What makes this guy shady? Maybe he found a better deal, needed the money for something else, or just decided to pass; big whoop. I dont see how that warrants a "buyer seller beware"

well, it's the ignoring part afterwards that makes it shytty. I agree, in that situation. if you make a last minute decision to back out, it's best to COMMUNICATE YOUR INTENT.

is it really that fawkin hard to send an e-mail that says "sorry, I'm no longer interested"

Back