• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ Sport (114,854)

mastershakexj87

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy friends, the time has come to sell my beloved XJ. I have owned this vehicle for 11 years now - I bought it with ~67K miles. (This vehicle is located in Eugene, OR, 97403). $4,500.

Pics: https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f65/2001-jeep-cherokee-xj-sport-114-854-a-238577/

What it has:
3.5" Rubicon Express lift - tracbar, Old Man Emu shocks, JKS discos.
31" BFG A/T's (and full size spare).
Advance Adapters SYE with Tom Woods driveshafts front and rear.
New Flowmaster Super 44 and new cat - custom bent pipe and fully welded/installed by Goofy's Muffler in Eugene,OR.
Custom front bumper - mounted to steering box and has recessed receiver behind license plate (I will also include a hi-lift jack and the accessories I have with it, including a tow rope).
Rear hitch with receiver (one of the pins has a lock on it as well).
Cobra 25LTD Classic CB with 3ft antenna (also has a speaker under the hood).
JVC headunit with aux. plug.
A/C works! (a/c clutch was replaced a few years ago).
Optima Redtop battery - ~ 3yrs old (first one lasted for about 7yrs, money well spent!).

Things I've recently fixed:
Valve cover gasket.
Oil filter adapter o-rings (these two things two fixed like 90% of the oil leaks on the Jeep - rear main seal stills leaks very minimally; common on 4.0L's).
Starter.
Front (Chrysler 8.25 axle) and rear (HP D30 axle) differentials have been serviced (drained, cover removed, cleaned, resealed) within last 2 year.
Radiator/hoses have been replaced within the last 4 years.
New exhaust (as mentioned above).
Blower motor.
Oil was changed about 1K miles ago (10W30 synthetic blend).
Front and rear windshield wipers are brand new.

TLC:
Will probably need new breaks in the near future.
Heater core is on its way out.
Electrical gremlin that will occasionally affect the power windows.
Headliner is sagging (I'm fairly short so it hasn't been that big of an issue).
Few rust spots on the roof; front bumper plates have a little surface rust (P side pictured), easily fixed by sanding and repainting bumper; D seat mount has some surface rust, but has been like that for several years and has not been an issue, has not gone through the carpet.
General tune-up: spark plugs, recharge the air filter (k&n rechargeable). I would probably drain the coolant and flush it out and refill it (this was an east coast vehicle so has coolant - not much freezing here in Eugene, OR!).
Does have a few scratches/dings here and there from some offroading (mostly tree rash) but nothing that has caused any rust to form - just cosmetic!

Motor still runs strong, still bombs down the highway smooth at 65-70mph. Has low miles for an '01. I've had this Jeep for about a third of my life so it's tough to move on from it, so I hope someone will buy it and get as much fun out of it as me.

Back