• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking about the K Trail in Oklahoma.

My fiancee's brother runs it alot. Ive been wanting to run it, but I havent had a 4x4 rig for a few years. Hopefully here in a month or so i'll have my mj converted and we can set up a trip.

That sounds good.

LSJC has a small group going april the 12th. But I doubt I'll have my jeep ready by then.

What's the condition of the trails, rough, breakage very possible, or a stock jeep can do it?

We've done it nothing hard that could not be bypassed. Although you break something you need spare parts or you will be in for a BIG TOW bill. Always smart to plan for the worst. I just returned from the Ozarks and took all night to get one Grand Cherokee on 34's out of a place he should not have gone ;)

My jeep is setup pretty well, 33's and locked, but it's a jeep and anything can break haha

So is this something that can be done in one day? seems like a long trip for just one day.

Yes very long for an up and back... we were on the trail 3 nights I believe but we stopped at kind of historical points in small towns a long the way and took our time. Heck I would not want to drive up and back in a day... let alone the trail.

I would suggest you contact Jayston from Overland Guild if you are on FaceBook. He will give you good info!

I have been three times it always fun. two of the tree we had bear sightings we are planning another run on memorial day weekend, one can go from clayton to the fire tower which is just west of three sticks in a day maybe quicker if on doesnt stop alot. the part after east of three sticks is pretty tame stuff.

Neither it's "Public Land" the way it was explained to us is... The Park Rangers are cool with a gun if you have CHL. However the Game Wardens are not!!! technically you are not supposed to carry there however most of us did. If you just play dumb and were not stopped because of "gun" use I think you would be OK. If not a CHL holder I don't think I'd take any concealed weapon but that's just me... it's not Texas ;)

I only personally know of one guy stopped while carrying and he was fine.

I dont think guns are an issue after all the k trail runs thru the only two counties in oklahoma that one can hunt bear the eastern section runs thru the Ouachita National Forrest.

Back