• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 98-01 XJ, 4x4, 150k-175k mi or less, up to $5k near INDIANAPOLIS

stealthES

NAXJA Forum User
WTB: 96-01 XJ, 4x4, up to $5500 near INDIANAPOLIS

New to this forum, but I've been around others (3Si.org, Bimmerforums.com, Jeepforums.com) and ISO a replacement XJ... love these vehicles!

Back in 2007 I picked up a '96 XJ Country with 145k mi. in great shape (save for normal wear and tear- headliner sag, power seat dying, etc.) for $3300. Since then I've put another 100k on it and, while it runs very strong--especially compared to other XJs I've test driven over the last couple of months-- it needs various suspension repairs and general TLC I can't bring myself to perform- we've had a long nine years together.

Searching the usual used car sites (Cars.com, Autotrader.com, iSeeCars.com, CarsForSale.com, CarGurus.com) for its replacement hasn't turned up many results, so I'm hoping to have better luck here. The replacement will be my daily driver and also used for long trips- Indianapolis to: Tennessee, North Carolina, Arizona, Colorado, California, so it'll need to be in strong mechanical condition. Thread title should give a pretty good idea of what I'm after, but my ideal would be:

Year: 1996-2001
Color: pretty much anything but red
Price: $5500 or less
Mileage: 175k or less (really, condition is more important than mileage)
Drivetrain: 4x4
Condition: clean body and frame (no major rust), minimal wear 'n tear on ext and int.

Options (nice, but not mandatory)
- Cruise
- A/C
- OE fogs
- Spare
- Tow pkg
- No sag in headliner

I'm located in NE Indianapolis (Fishers, IN) and willing to drive up to 100 mi. for the right Jeep. Please comment or PM if you think you've got something in the ball park of what I'm looking for! Definitely flexible on things like mileage, color, options and interior condition... really just need something I could take to any of the states I mention and know it'll get me there and back without issue.

Willing to trade my XJ or sell outright; also have a 2000 Durango that needs a little bit of work I could trade or sell- for more info or pics of either shoot me a message.

- Justin

Last edited:
Are my specs too stringent... or just nothing out there?

Something like the Country lesslimited recently sold would be ideal! Bummer I missed that.

Back